Menu
Katypotatey
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Samsung smart TV

Hiya I just wondered if anyone could help please? We had Virgin installed yesterday and the nice lady who installed it checked it was working on her rest TV and it worked fine but when she tried to connect it to our smart TV it wouldn't.

It is now driving us mad!! Every time we plug it into the Virgin box and the internet it loops continuously with a screen saying "updating the TV. It will switch off and on again when it is finished." We have tried disconnecting it and turning on and turning off the internet and nothing works.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue and if they could offer any words of advice.

Many thanks!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung smart TV

What's the full model number of the TV?

The TV says it's updating?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Katypotatey
Just joined
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's UE55JS8500TXXU.

And yes it is the TV that says it's updating. We can't get on anything at all when it is connected to the TiVo box. If we unplug it then the update loop stops.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I assume the TV is connected to the network in the house, so can source its own updates?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
bobblejones
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try using the HDMI port labelled 'MHL' (HDMI 3 on my HU7500) as this chip is needed for the security and copyright protection used by some apps, including Netflix

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hmm my V6s are being installed 3rd Feb and I have UE55KS9000TXXU .. I hope I don't get the same issues..

0 Kudos
roadtoad
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 installed yesterday and no problems with our Samsung UE40KU6400 - is your TV firmware up to date?

Also got the new (smaller) remote paired and controlling Volume/Mute with code 0642

0 Kudos