Menu
slipmiester
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

S 102 error

Hi,

Wife takes Friday 3rd am off work, to accommodate V6 box 'install.  engineer left without it having completed the verify process , He said it would possibly take a few hours to complete. After many attempts at reboots and C119 errors, still nothing.. 

On saturday morning i retried the reboot , this time it got past the verify stage , started loading channel info, hit 33% then error message appeared " Unable to acquire channel info (S102)" 

Here we are on Sunday now, received a call from Simon, Welsh chap, who advised us the problem was now sorted and the box should be up and running. No, same situation. now we have an engineer booked for next Saturday , What a farce . Does anyone have the same error code showing ? 

0 Kudos
bobtib
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: S 102 error

Yes, just had a similar thing here.

Engineer installed V6 box yesterday, and because I had an old tv without HDMI was unable to fully test it. He assured me that when managed to get it connected it would be working fine.

Well tonight after connecting my new  HDMI -> YPbPr Converter box I can now get a picture on the TV, but the box doesn't get past the loading channels 33% problem that you have. 

Just spoke to virgin, who were completely unaware of the error code S102, and will have to wait until the 15th which is the earliest they can get an engineer out - so that's no telly for a week !!!!

Just out of interest what area are you from - Rochester myself.

keep me posted as to any solutions, and I will do likewise.

0 Kudos
slipmiester
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

I'm in the Glasgow area , ruling out just a local area fault. 

I still have exactly same issue, it's stuck at 33% , gets rebooted anytime we're

passing the tv in that room. In the vain hope it may spring into life. 

I have an engineer coming out on Saturday morning , ill keep you posted on the result. 

0 Kudos
bobtib
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

:-)

it's stuck at 33% , gets rebooted anytime we're passing the tv in that room. In the vain hope it may spring into life.

Yes, exactly the same here, but all to no avail - tried everything.

I'm sure its not a box problem, probably just needs resetting and re-activativing - but they won't tell you how to do that over the phone, so we have to wait for an engineer - its pants.

If I PM you my mobile number could you ask the engineer to call me when he's fixed the problem for you.

Cheers

B.

0 Kudos
slipmiester
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi B ,
Yes thats no problem, I can certainly ask him too,

Cheers
0 Kudos
slipmiester
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bob, 

Update , box working after engineer performed some sort of reset. Used his PDA , took approx 30 minutes to sort, reload updates etc..

I asked him if he would call you, but he wasn't keen on that idea, said you'd have to wait for the engineer to visit as he couldn't do anything 

remotely. He didn't know what the S102 code was either. Unfortunately its a waiting game until your sorted. 

0 Kudos
bobtib
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey, no problem.

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you are all up and running again.

I guessed it was just needing an update/reset, just pity that they can't tell customers how to do it over the phone - it would save all the delays and an engineer callout.

Roll on Wednesday, I'm running out of DVD's to watch :-)

0 Kudos
bobtib
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So just a quick update from me, after the engineer today finally managed to get our V6 box working.

The problem causing the S102 error, seemed to be as a result of a Serial number mismatch. When the box is set-up, the serial number is given to the activations centre by the engineer doing the installation, and this was either given or received incorrectly ( 1 digit wrong )  causing the box not to activate fully.

Hopefully if someone else has this problem, they could check this with phone support, and not require an engineer call out.

ballr3
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem and mentioned your advice.  The chap at the call centre confirmed that my serial number hadn't been updated on their system.  They updated their records on the call, added the correct serial number and sorted the problem with my tivo box within 10mins; no call out required for engineers.

0 Kudos
Cole029
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I am a new VM customer. I had my two V6 boxes installed on Friday and all has been fine-ish (issue with watching recordings from the living room in the bedroom). Came home tonight and the living room box is displaying "Unable to acquire channel information (S102)" I am currently on hold (25 minutes now) and will mention your update. Do you think this will sort the issue and the recording playback issue? Did your box work for a couple of days prior to the error displaying?

Apologies for the barrage of questions Smiley Happy

0 Kudos