Menu
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Router

The Tivo V6 box linking to my present Tivo box ( which will be my spare box ) , would my router ( super hub 2 ) be strong enough WI FI wise to link up to both Tivo''s ? or is power line the only option for me?

Colin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router

Given TiVo has no wifi capability (without adding a universal wifi adapter, at your expense), the options for TiVo are powerline adapters or direct Ethernet cable.

V6 can connect using all three options, including wifi.

If your two boxes are remote from your Superhub, powerline is likely the way forward.

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information much appreciated , since the launch of the new V6 have you any reports on the quality upgrade it gives against the Tivo ? i.e.picture quality does it improve the HD viewing experience in picture quality and does it remove the clunky operation of the remote when using the EPG which on the Tivo is slow and hesitant.

Colin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V6 is super fast, compared to current TiVo performance.

For me, picture quality is better on my 1080P TV, due to V6 being able to upscale to that level, whereas TiVo couldn't.

0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information much appreciated as i ponder making the upgrade in the near future , do you know if it's still a reasonably long installation wait when you decide to go for the V6 ?
Colin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That depends entirely on how busy the techs in your area are. The sooner you try to order, the sooner you find out.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answer
Colin
0 Kudos
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I use powerline adaptors to link my old Tivo and V6, works well, gradually watching all my old stuff off the Tivo through the V6
0 Kudos
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sounds positive, my concern is not the power line but i will have to run it via extension boards , and I'm worried about committing and it not working and subsequently losing my Tivo recording's
Colin
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you get passthrough powerline adaptors, then you shouldn't need to plug them into extension leads (which isn't necessarily the best thing for the quality of connection).

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos