Menu
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Rip-off install costs for existing customer

Decided to take the plunge and go for the V6 full house bundle with extra V6 box. Whilst I got a good deal on the bundle the cost to install is nothing short of daylight robbery. .. £115 for both boxes. I'm pretty sure there won't be any drilling involved as there are cables already in place in both rooms. Been a loyal customer for years whereas new customers get install for a fraction of the price (£14.99). Over a barrel comes to mind! !

Helpful Answers
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rip-off install costs for existing customer

Tip I found the other day.

When Virgin increase prices you have a right to cancel with NO early disconnection fees. This also applies to them increasing the phone call costs. (although they are not obliged to advertise this). Most advisors are not aware of this, so you may have to escalate to a team manager or an operations manager. If you want to remove TV from your package with no early disconnection fees, downgrade it to Player TV (this will re-contract your entire package), then after you have done this, call up to disconnect the TV.... You will pay EDFs to do this, but the EDFs for Player TV are £0.00/month for each month left on the contract.

All Replies
Years17
Joining in
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't agree more, long term loyal customers being abandoned by virgin media. Stuck in expensive contracts and not allowed to access the same deals as new customers, and we're not talking just a couple of £. For many years i was rewarded for my loyalty, this has changed in the last few years.
0 Kudos
Ted2
Dialled in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Tip I found the other day.

When Virgin increase prices you have a right to cancel with NO early disconnection fees. This also applies to them increasing the phone call costs. (although they are not obliged to advertise this). Most advisors are not aware of this, so you may have to escalate to a team manager or an operations manager. If you want to remove TV from your package with no early disconnection fees, downgrade it to Player TV (this will re-contract your entire package), then after you have done this, call up to disconnect the TV.... You will pay EDFs to do this, but the EDFs for Player TV are £0.00/month for each month left on the contract.

brads
Dialled in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

It's the same for all companies,I am with BT but because they are putting prices up I will move to Virgin.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure you were aware of the costs when in your words you decided to take the plunge. No one forced you to upgrade, if you didn't want to pay you should have stayed on your existing deal. This forum is being highjacked by people moaning about money when it was set up to help virgin customers like me help others with technical problems & vice versa
0 Kudos
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I'm entitled to vent my frustration regardless. ..I wasn't aware of the cost implications prior to calling them and this was only mentioned on the phone. And yes I understand I was also offered a deal as a new customer years ago and existing customers would have moaned about the likes of me. If virgin were able to consistently provide a reliable service then it wouldn't be such an issue. But the number of times my BB has crashed is beyond me. .I've called CS numerous times to be fobbed off with various excuses, speed issues and more. .so yes I do feel that to balance this out it would have been a nice gesture from VM to give existing customers the same deal as new. And yes I have choice to go elsewhere with Sky and Bt offering good deals but surely this alone should be incentive enough for VM to look after existing customers. ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to be clear that although there is a difference between the new customer and existing customer price one off pricing on the Full House bundle, if a new customer wanted two Virgin TV V6 boxes they would have to pay £64.94 upfront, not £14.99.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
joshua_welby
Up to speed
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

And they will have to be on the VIP Bundle to get two V6 boxes, if they call up at a cost of £85 a month

0 Kudos
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

To highlight my frustration further. I waited in afternoon for the engineer to show up (between 1pm and 6pm). He finally shows up at 6.30pm! Installs one v6 box and tells me to go through the setup once the first box has completed setup. All good and well until I tried installing the second box. Wouldn't load channels and is in a constant loop. It would get stuck at 33% when trying to load channels with the error code S102 and comments. .Unable to aquire channel info!

I rang VM and the pleasant chap tried his best to resolve the issue but to no avail. he'd never heard of S102 and despite trying everything nothing worked. .he's asked me to recall in the morning to speak to the tech guys to see if I can get an immediate replacement. So an engineer who turns up late. .and one faulty V6 box later. .I have every reason to question the install cost etc when I'm left with one working box..
0 Kudos
joshua_welby
Up to speed
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

That is not uncommon, in the past Installers have arrive several hours late at my Parent's house
Didn't the Installer have more V6 boxes in his van that could have been swapped for the faulty box,
or did he run out of them?

Now you have to wait again for another appointment, which is a shame

I would ask for the Installation Fee back as compensation, I very much doubt you get the Activation Fee back though, you may be lucky
0 Kudos