Menu
JWM1978
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Retentions Offers

Has anyone been offered the new V6 box without the charges, as a retentions deal?  I'm about to leave Virgin after years of custom, as TIVO is rubbish and they want to charge a lot of money for the V6 box.  They're saying it's impossible to wave the charges, but I've heard loads of accounts of this happening.  They obviously don't want my money.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Retentions Offers

I got the activation fee waived, but still paid £49.95 for the box, given how bad the old Tivo and having tried the V6 I think it was money well spent. Apart from occasionally not waking up, the new box is faster and generally much more responsive. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I got the activation fee waived, but still paid £49.95 for the box, given how bad the old Tivo and having tried the V6 I think it was money well spent. Apart from occasionally not waking up, the new box is faster and generally much more responsive. 

0 Kudos
JWM1978
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

At first I was getting quoted £65, plus activation fee, and now they're saying over £100!!  I'm not getting the service I'm paying for, due to faulty equipment, and they want more money out of me to sort it!  I left Sky to join Virgin, and now I have to go back to Sky just to get a decent TV box. Does anyone know if BT are any good?  

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was told the £100 for 2 boxes plus the activation code.. after a few calls I called Retentions and they agreed that on my bundle I should only pay for one, 2nd box free.. so Retentions works as long as you are being reasonable.

0 Kudos