Menu
CamiVM
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Replace V+ with V6

I realised 2-3 months ago that I was paying £6.50/month to have an extra V+ box in my bedroom, when I was under the impression it was actually free... Considered giving up on it and having only the Tivo in the living room, but ended up keeping it.

Now that I saw the new V6 announced and having a look at the pricing (exiting Full House, £64.99 upfront and £5/month), I assumed that by giving up on the V+ I would save £6.50/month, actually making my monthly bill £1.50 cheaper!

Wrong again... So even giving up on the V+, I would still have to pay an extra £5/month, effectively making my bill £11.50 more expensive!! Does this make sense to anyone?

Would I be able to cancel V+ first, allow bill to come down £6.50/month, and then a few weeks/month  later add the V6 and only pay £5/month more from the reduced amount?

Confused...

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replace V+ with V6

Where are you getting the £5 from? Extra boxes are £7.50 or £6.50 for an older style box
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The £6.50/£7.50 is the fee for a second box. As I understand it the £5 a month is the additional fee if the second box is a TiVo or V6.
CamiVM
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

At the moment I have a TiVo and V+ as a 2nd box. Not even sure how much I pay for the TiVo, but it is definitely £6.50 for V+ as a 2nd box.
What I don't understand is, by giving up on the V+ my bill should be £6.50 cheaper, then add the £5/ month for the V6 should still be £1.50 cheaper... that's what's confusing me!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

A v6 isnt £5, its £7.50
0 Kudos
Iain_M
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

jb66 wrote:
A v6 isnt £5, its £7.50

If the bedroom V+ box is upgraded it is £5, which is the cost to upgrade a non recording box to a recording one.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/td-p/3281148

CamiVM
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Even though the V+ is a recording box, I think I now understand.
If I was replacing the Tivo with the V6 there would be no change in my monthly fee, but because I'm replacing the V+, and even though I was technically paying £6.50/month for that, I would still have to pay the extra £5/month for the V6.
0 Kudos
Mcgaz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I swapped from the Big Kahuna with an extra box to the VIP package (had to actually name the package). I got the 2 V6 boxes for £65. And a bill that was £8 cheaper!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tbh, as Mcgaz has mentioned, if you're not already on the VIP package and you're looking to get 2 V6 boxes, it may well be cheaper to look at that bundle than adding boxes to your existing package.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
CamiVM
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As far as I can see, the VIP bundle includes sky sports and sky movies, which I don't subscribe to, so despite the 2 boxes being included, it is would be a lot more expensive (Full House £77/ month, VIP £120/month)?
0 Kudos