Menu
skibuddy
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Remote Network Control

I cannot get the Remote Control in the TV Anywhere app to connect to my Virgin TV V6 box. I have enabled Remote Network Control in the V6 Network Settings. My V6 box has an ethernet connection to my SuperHub. I know it is networked up correctly because I can ping it on the network and it can see and play recordings from my old Tivo box which is also networked up via ethernet.

I have no problems using the Remote Control of the TV Anywhere app with the old Tivo Box. That works fines. It's therefore perplexing why the V6 doesn't work.

In the TV Anywhere app the remote icon when connected to the V6 shows an exclamation mark !. Tappping on it gives the following message: Not Connected to Tivo Box on Home Network. If I click 'Connect' it goes off for a while 'Connecting' but doesn't suceed. It just comes back with the same message.

As stated, I am confident that both the V6 and the iPhone+iPad are connected to the home network correctly.

Any suggestions//help would be greatfully received.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote Network Control

If you haven't done so already, try a reset of the V6.

0 Kudos
skibuddy
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well I tried that yesterday to no avail. However, thanks to you suggestion I thought I would give it another go. Tried a Restart of the V6 from the Settings menu and this time it has now started working. Weird. Thanks for your helpful. Good old turn it off and on again trick. 😃
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As a Superuser, I was able to send good vibes to your V6.Smiley Wink

Martinmcbean1
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This issue is also happening with my v6 box how do i sort this problem out?

Martin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martinmcbean1,

I have responded to your earlier post here: V6 not showing on anywhere app. Please respond to my pm if you would like for us to look into the issues you have reported.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Kentaj
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I too have this problem. I have done all of the steps but not working. Hasn't worked since I had Virgin installed in March this year. Help would be appreciatef
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kentaj

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing at the moment.

Are you able to uninstall and reinstall the app? As mentioned in the thread, a reboot of the box should also help. 

How have you got the set top box set up? 

We'd love to hear how that goes and look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

you other guys must be outside of his good vibes superuser range ?

maybe some superuser pressure on the on / off switches to powercycle everything might sort it 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The issue here is that the OP was very detailed in their OP, making it easier to comment.

"Me too", unfortunately on an existing thread is less easy to help.

0 Kudos