Menu
Malcolm-66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Remote Control Issue with V6 Box

I have within the last week swapped back to Virgin from SKY and to be honest, not sure I'm happy.

I have 2 V6 boxes and one works perfectly well and the other suffers remote control issues. I have changed batteries, reset the V6 box many times, and continually re-paired the remote (when it connects).

I have been told by the customer service team that it's a common issue and have to keep resetting my V6 box until resolved.

Try explaining to a 7 year old why she can't watch her TV!

Please, please, please, resolve this issue.

stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote Control Issue with V6 Box

what happens if you swap the remote controls over.. is it the same box that has the problems.. i.e. do you have a dud remote or a dud box?

0 Kudos
Malcolm-66
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think the remote is dud as the remote from upstairs will control both boxes. Customer service said that they are not currently replacing remotes.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

phone and select thinking to leave (or whatever it is these days), you should still just be in your 14 day cooling off period. 

Not being able to control one of your boxes is not acceptable so you need to talk to someone competent.

As an aside you could reset your remote and just use it in IR mode instead of RF, lot less responsive though.

p.s. I assume the upstairs remote being able to control both boxes depends on which one it is paired to at the time.. in RF mode it should only be paired with one box and ought to only control both boxes if in IR mode.

0 Kudos
Malcolm-66
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, I think the upstairs remote is in IR mode as it will control both boxes without me doing anything regards pairing. I am reluctant to pair the second remote just in case...
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think in RF mode the led on front flashes Red, and some other colour for IR (dont want to reset mine as its working fine in RF)

BTW If you follow the instructions at the bottom here to reset a remote, it will also reset a remote back to IR mode.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Programming-your-TiVo-remote-control/td-p/3166540

0 Kudos