Menu
Bob63
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Remind

Why is there not just a remind function only remind and record?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Remind

This has been discussed ad nauseam before.

All tuners on TiVo boxes are used for recording and the only way to provide a reminder is by reserving a tuner by setting it to record.

If you are in front of the TV when the reminder is issued, you can decline the recording. If you're not there, isn't it better to have it recorded so you don't miss anything?

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Incase you miss the reminder, you will also have it recorded
Bob63
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes but I don't always want to record it. Like sky news just watch it
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This has been discussed ad nauseam before.

All tuners on TiVo boxes are used for recording and the only way to provide a reminder is by reserving a tuner by setting it to record.

If you are in front of the TV when the reminder is issued, you can decline the recording. If you're not there, isn't it better to have it recorded so you don't miss anything?

MamaS
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was looking for the same functionality, and ok, I can live with record and remind with the option to cancel the recording. I've got plenty of space on my box if I miss the prompt, since it's not recording any suggestions... whole other story...

but here's the thing. I'm on my iPad and thought I know, I'll set a record and remind for my old TiVo upstairs to watch that new fake Dr thing on BBC. Then when I've done feeding cats, brushing pegs, I can wander up and if I'm idly filling time listening to some radio thing over the TiVo and don't notice the time, it'll flag up.  

But I can't set to record and remind using the tv anywhere app, only record. So how do I make that happen, or something like it, if I'm not sitting in front of it when I remember to remind myself. Or am I missing something..

and btw the forum interface is truly rubbish if you want to ask more than a tweet)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You are correct that you can't set a Record & Remind from the TV Anywhere app but why would you want to, given that you are not too far away from the TiVo or V6 that you want reminded on?

Yes, it would be great to have it but no real inconvenience.

0 Kudos