Menu
anap
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Register Interest

What was the point of registering an interest in the new V6 box? I did this and haven't heard a thing!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Register Interest

anap wrote:

What was the point of registering an interest in the new V6 box? I did this and haven't heard a thing!

They were paying attention to it initially before the V6 rollout went public, and some customers who had used it got super early V6 upgrade opportunities. But VM have now opened up V6 upgrade opportunities so the register interest page is more or less pointless. You can now upgrade to V6 boxes through My VM or by calling in about it, at any time. Want one or more V6s (up to three) then go for it, they're available now for ordering.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
tonyworks
Up to speed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the info. This is another miss-information from VM . I filled the form from the website showing an interest in getting a v6 box and I was waiting for them to contact me. They should take that page off the website, it is totally miss leading. Well done again to virgin media!!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you're unhappy with the way things have been handled Smiley Sad

The V6 Interest page was to spark interest and to see how many of our customers wanted out new box. As mentioned by Shelke, we were running through the data and contacting those who registered but then as the V6 box went live, it became pointless as most people were ringing in already. 

If you haven't been contacted and want the V6 box, follow the options in Shelke's post Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bingley
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If I leave personal details and as its says " Want to be one of the first to find out more about it?" then I expect to be contacted or at the very least to receive an email with details.. Once again another complete failure by VM, incompetent to the highest level. VM knew what the release date was , so this should have been dealt with long before then people wouldn`t have to be so angry at the point of registering to receive nothing.  I stopped believing anything the forum team post on here anymore.

anap
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No free box for me then!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bingley, 

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way Smiley Sad 

I will of course ensure your feedback is passed up to the people running the project. 

If you have any further queries or questions, let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
tonyworks
Up to speed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi could you pass on my thoughts to the VM team about their miss information about the new V6 box. We registered interest so we would be informed first not last. I am still waiting for the email from them telling me about the new box. What was the point in registering interest if VM then just ignore it.What a waste of time!!!

0 Kudos
anap
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I went on the online chat today and was told I would be charged £115 for 2 boxes (I'm currently on VIP with an extra V+ Box) and my monthly cost would go up by £29! When I mentioned this community and the 'correct' prices he replied that 'Activation costs vary from customer to customer' and that the increase in my monthly price was due to losing discounts on my account. I think I'll wait (like I do for the current TiVo boxes to respond!).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi tonyworks, 

Thanks for coming back to me again on this. 

I have passed your feedback over and this should be taken in to account when looking at future launches etc. I can only apologise once again. 

@anap - Activation fees for all customers are the same. Depending on your bundle depends on how much you pay as a one off cost for the V6 box. Extra costs per month would be based on discounts not being available with the V6 that are available for the TiVo®. 

Apologies, 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos