Menu
SCH118
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Recordings between v6 boxes stuttering

Had 2 x v6 boxes installed last week and all seems to be fine except watching recordings on the other box.

I have tried it both ways (recording on box a watching on box b) and vice versa and appear to have the same problem.

I have one box in loft connected by ethernet cable and the downstairs box is connected using powerlines provided by virgin.

Anyone else having this problem ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings between v6 boxes stuttering

Can you see each box in the other's list?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have both boxes linked by Wi Fi to the Hub 3 and then linked by network cable and I can see box A on box B and other way round.

I can see any item record on any of the boxes. ..

I feel that the V6 needs to use same link as each other so the software can stream using same hardware and software. .

Try to link them together using same link

1 ) Wi Fi using V6 & Hub 3 ( may have buffer limits )
2) Wi Fi using power line plug with aerial
3) Using network cable between each V6.
4) power line plug with network cable socket linked to each V6.

Hopefully this will help?
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You ought to be fine.

Stuttering implies you have a bandwidth problem, which I would have guessed might have been related to the powerline adapters, although as they were supplied by virgin this is less likely.

Sometimes the house wiring can effect the powerline adaptors, but unless you have multiple fuse boxes or something its probably ok.

Try watching the BBCi player HD demo on both boxes and see if any have an issue from that.

Also if you have multple computers try plugging them in using the connections used for the V6s and then try copying a big file between the 2 computers to see what sort of speeds your getting, or see if you can find a LAN benchmark utility somewhere.

good luck

p.s. I can stream fine between a tivo and a v6 both connected via a lan

0 Kudos
SCH118
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

I can see both boxes when looking from either v6.

I will try some of the suggestions given over the weekend when I get more time.

In the meantime I tried another ethernet cable as it is around 4m away from router, but got the same problem

0 Kudos
SCH118
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update sorted.

It was the powerline adapters causing the problem.

I reset the box and connected through wifi and the recordings are fine now on the other box.

What things are actually streamed iplayer / sky on demand / catch up ? as it says my network connection is marginal at 47%, but everything I have tried including the iplayer uhd trial work fine

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Interesting as those were powerlines supplied by virgin, but glad to hear you have it working.

0 Kudos