Menu
johnvmc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re-setting V6 box for ethernet via powerline adapter

I have two V6 boxes (first acquired a few weeks ago, second a couple of days ago). The first V6 was installed by engineer who configured using wi-fi. The second box is out of range so I used ethernet with a powerline adapter to get connection with hub (self-installation). I notice the two boxes, which work ok independently, don't 'see' each other on the network, thus not allowing viewing a recording from one box on the other. I would like to overcome this by changing the first V6 from wi-fi to a similar powerline/ethernet configuration to box number two. When I tried to run the Settings/Network options to connect the box to the hub via ethernet/powerline, I kept getting a message telling me I'm "having a spot of bother" and to check hub is switched on (it is) and check the ethernet cable is ok (it is). In short, I can't reconfigure the box to accept the new settings. The settings continue to show the box is networked via wi-fi. Any advice would be welcome as I am told both boxes need to be using ethernet in order to see each other.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re-setting V6 box for ethernet via powerline adapter

could you try connecting it directly to the hub with ethernet cable and not via a powerline adapter and see if that works?

0 Kudos
johnvmc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but the hub is in upstairs room, the two boxes are in downstairs rooms. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would check that the powerline adapters are correctly configured by attaching a device other than your V6.

johnvmc
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was, indeed, the powerline setting. All now working!

0 Kudos