Menu
Reply
  • 4.28K
  • 102
  • 1.14K
frank_gm
Community elder
598 Views
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations


Tidus wrote:

Its a vary fast box. In fact being used to the slow tivo took me time to get used to it being so fast. Netflix, Youtube, iPlayer all load instantly and work. 

@Shelke The Mods are on form today as I was posting it was moved.

Edit: wrong @ mention. I am not on form today... More then likely because Kippies Kudo'ed a post and the name popped up.


But, given that you have said on another thread that you were involved in the testing of the last major Tivo upgrade, not the current "fix", and you did not notice the slowness that the rest of us have experienced, how confident can we be that just because you find it fast, that will be the case for the rest of us?

VM should be testing the V6 with some of those who have reported the current slowness problems to ensure that it works properly right across the network.

 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6.1K
  • 345
  • 1.01K
Superuser
Superuser
592 Views
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations

frank I have experienced the slow issues on my TiVo that sits on my own account when the update happened on that. So I know what you went though. 
I also had many issues on said box with Netflix, iPlayer and Youtube. My testing was done on a separate TiVo box.

This V6 box is on my own account and is preforming perfectly. I have not had any issues with it yet. 


200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.32K
  • 919
  • 2.1K
Superuser
Superuser
592 Views
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations

@frank_gm, I can confirm that I suffer from the TiVo RC23 software performance issue and that, at least for my individual connection to the Virgin Media cable network, V6 performance is superb. To use an old IT mantra - sub-second response times on all menu transitions.

I am unaware of whether RC24 brings performance improvement to my TiVo as it is no longer connected to a TV. I may, from time to time, re-position this TiVo to test whether I have RC24 and what effect it has.

I am currently using MRS to watch TiVo recordings in the TV connected to my V6 and can confirm that this works well.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 4.28K
  • 102
  • 1.14K
frank_gm
Community elder
583 Views
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations


Tidus wrote:

frank I have experienced the slow issues on my TiVo that sits on my own account when the update happened on that. So I know what you went though. 
I also had many issues on said box with Netflix, iPlayer and Youtube. My testing was done on a separate TiVo box.

This V6 box is on my own account and is preforming perfectly. I have not had any issues with it yet. 


This may confirm what another tester has posted. 

If I understand you correctly you maintained your normal service on your existing Tivo but tested the new software on another box? Was that supplied by VM specifically for testing or just a less-used second box?

The other poster suggested that the test box received weekly updates which required a reboot. Was that your experience?

Does the V6 have regular reboots?

I am simply trying to understand what is going wrong with the VM testing regime.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6.1K
  • 345
  • 1.01K
Superuser
Superuser
562 Views
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations


frank_gm wrote:

Tidus wrote:

frank I have experienced the slow issues on my TiVo that sits on my own account when the update happened on that. So I know what you went though. 
I also had many issues on said box with Netflix, iPlayer and Youtube. My testing was done on a separate TiVo box.

This V6 box is on my own account and is preforming perfectly. I have not had any issues with it yet. 


This may confirm what another tester has posted. 

If I understand you correctly you maintained your normal service on your existing Tivo but tested the new software on another box? Was that supplied by VM specifically for testing or just a less-used second box?

The other poster suggested that the test box received weekly updates which required a reboot. Was that your experience?

Does the V6 have regular reboots?

I am simply trying to understand what is going wrong with the VM testing regime.


I am not going to go into any more details to what my setup was with VM in the testing of the TiVo software.

My V6 has only rebooted once when it was installed and updated its software. (to be expected).


200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 4.28K
  • 102
  • 1.14K
frank_gm
Community elder
544 Views
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations


Tidus wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

Tidus wrote:

frank I have experienced the slow issues on my TiVo that sits on my own account when the update happened on that. So I know what you went though. 
I also had many issues on said box with Netflix, iPlayer and Youtube. My testing was done on a separate TiVo box.

This V6 box is on my own account and is preforming perfectly. I have not had any issues with it yet. 


This may confirm what another tester has posted. 

If I understand you correctly you maintained your normal service on your existing Tivo but tested the new software on another box? Was that supplied by VM specifically for testing or just a less-used second box?

The other poster suggested that the test box received weekly updates which required a reboot. Was that your experience?

Does the V6 have regular reboots?

I am simply trying to understand what is going wrong with the VM testing regime.


I am not going to go into any more details to what my setup was with VM in the testing of the TiVo software.

My V6 has only rebooted once when it was installed and updated its software. (to be expected).


You are happy to engage with VM but are not prepared to help other customers understand what went wrong and caused them problems?

To repeat :-

"Then there is obviously something wrong, either with the testing processes/procedures or the choice of testers."

There is obviously a problem with the former but it looks even more so that there is also a problem with the latter.

Too comfortable an arrangement to rock the boat?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6.1K
  • 345
  • 1.01K
Superuser
Superuser
539 Views
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations

Do you know what a "NDA" is? 


200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
  • 4.28K
  • 102
  • 1.14K
frank_gm
Community elder
525 Views
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations


Tidus wrote:

Do you know what a "NDA" is? 


Yes, but the update has subsequently been released. Disastrously so.

What can you lose but your privileges?

 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6.1K
  • 345
  • 1.01K
Superuser
Superuser
519 Views
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations

And i am not willing to loose them. Enough said.


200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
  • 1.28K
  • 23
  • 118
G4DDS
Rising star
447 Views
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box expectations


Tidus wrote:

And i am not willing to loose them. Enough said.


Same here. I signed an NDA as well and I have had to refrain a number of times from replying to the many posts about the "slowness problem".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Reply