Menu
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Sound

Hi please could someone tell me if the audio socket is optical or coaxial on the V6 & that sound syncs and is in 5.1 via an external amp, thanks Micky 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Optical on the right

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
boomish
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Optical only supports Dolby & DTS, so nothing more than 5.1, but if your using HDMI then there really is no need for optical, that will transfer the audio.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Optical on the right

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much PrinterElf
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If I recall correctly, the only thing it won't support is Dolby Atmos over optical.

0 Kudos
boomish
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Optical only supports Dolby & DTS, so nothing more than 5.1, but if your using HDMI then there really is no need for optical, that will transfer the audio.

LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks boomish my amp is good but a bit pre HDMI so I am reliant on digital connections, ether from amp to virgin box or to tv, which work, obviously I have my box to tv connected via HDMI. So I am hoping that that a V6 box will work for audio the same way. Regards all that are helping Micky
0 Kudos
Wile_E_Coyote
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Fortunately, my TV can pass the 5.1 signal through to my AV surround receiver from my old TiVo via HDMI as the much discussed problem arose with it's digital audio output https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/No-sound-on-recordings-and-after-paus...

So, has the V6 avoided that?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

There should be no optical audio issues with the V6, and as far as I know any issues with optical out have been fixed on the older TiVo as well as part of the recent update.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
SnoopyMegaDaddy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have a V6 connected to a Bose sound system. I found that the HDMI was not passing any surround sound at all only 2.0 I then connected the optical output and instantly got 5.1

0 Kudos
Rexer
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

In the audio settings for dolby digital on the tivo there are two options, select the one thats not PCM and you should now have 5.1

0 Kudos