Menu
Akami
Tuning in
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

RF Modulator for V6 Box

I have just ordered my V6 box, but use an RF Modulator to watch the TV upstairs with my current TiVo box which is situated downstairs. The TiVo and Modulator are connected by a Scart Lead, but I see that the V6 has no Scart capability.

Is there a way round this so that I don't lose the picture upstairs when I get the V6?

0 Kudos
Akami
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Digisender compatable with new V6 box

I have just ordered my V6 box, but use an RF Modulator to watch the TV upstairs with my current Tivo box which is situated downstairs. The Tivo and Modulator are connected by a Scart lead, but I see that the V6 has no Scart capability. Is there a way round this so that I don't lose the picture upstairs when I get the V6

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Digisender compatable with new V6 box

Unless you want to move your existing TiVo and have it as an additional box for an extra £6.50 a month then the only way around it would be to get an HDMI splitter and then an HDMI to SCART converter.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Akami
Tuning in
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr thank you for the advice. I have seen that Maplins sell an HDMI splitter for approx £40 which is a small box, but on miniinthebox.com I have found one which is a HDMI Male to Dual HDMI Female 1 to 2 way Splitter Cable Adaptor for HD TV at a price of £2.86. Will both do the same thing or do I have to buy the Maplins one
0 Kudos
Akami
Tuning in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

What type of scart connection is on the back of the box? Is it an s-scart?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Akami wrote:
@BenMcr thank you for the advice. I have seen that Maplins sell an HDMI splitter for approx £40 which is a small box, but on miniinthebox.com I have found one which is a HDMI Male to Dual HDMI Female 1 to 2 way Splitter Cable Adaptor for HD TV at a price of £2.86. Will both do the same thing or do I have to buy the Maplins one

Personally I've not used an unpowered splitter but couldn't comment on the quality. I suppose for less than £3 it's worth a shot!

For me I'd go for this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet-Splitter-Pass-Through-Control-Functionality/dp/B00I8KILQ4/ - it's a 4K compatible splitter and is cheaper than the Maplins one.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Akami wrote:
What type of scart connection is on the back of the box? Is it an s-scart?

There is no live SCART connection on the V6 - output is HDMI only.

0 Kudos
Akami
Tuning in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Ok. I have seen an image online of the back of the V6 and it shows a Scart Out connection between the Audio and HDMI.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but it's not enabled in the UK.
0 Kudos
BillP
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your advice which I thought had solved my problem which is to feed a RF? signal into my home amplifier/distribution system.  With the current TiVo I use the SCART to feed a programmable universal modulator (Maplin) and then coax to the amplifier.  I can see that Maplin have an HDMI splitter but I can't find an HDMI to SCART converter/adaptor.  I can only find a SCART to HDMI which doesn't seem to do the job.  If you know of HDMI to SCART adaptor, could you advise please?  Thank you.

0 Kudos