Menu
Enduser
Superfast
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

RE: Cost of upgrade to Virgin TV V6 box.

I know that a lot has been said on this subject already but I feel moved to add my two penny’s worth. I realise that VM is a commercial company which has to make a profit but I am very disappointed that existing customers are required to pay what seems to me an excessive amount to upgrade to the new Virgin TV V6 box, in my case an extra £53.63 p/m, plus a one off cost of £64.94, plus a £14.99 activation fee.This is for twelve months, goodness knows what the monthly amount it may go up to after that. It would seem that the monthly figure varies from customer to customer for some reason. This is all the more galling as the Tivo box seems to be a spent force. However, it would appear that if I was a new customer I would be offered a far lower cost for the same package. I seem to remember that some years ago Building Societies were, quite rightly, hauled over the coals for giving new customers a far better deals than existing ones, and to add injury to insult they did not even inform their existing customers about the new deals. I suppose that I shall have to wait until they have run out of the existing boxes before they have to replace it with the latest version. Although that could possibly be years away.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: RE: Cost of upgrade to Virgin TV V6 box.

If only there was a department called retentions that could be called....
Jane71
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I called them tonight, twice, and got completely different answers. The First Lady said it would be 154.99 one off, plus and extra 30.00 a month , gulp!
The second person , when I called again, said 154.99 one off, plus 6.50 a month extra. They don't seem to have a clue. When you look online, it says 49.95 install if you're an existing customer, not 99.95. Plus no monthly extras.
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Jane call Virgin and select 'thinking of leaving' you will get through to Retentions and they will give the the correct price.

Enduser
Superfast
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

jb66 wrote:
I would not imagine that retentions would be very helpful if you still had a lot of your contract to run.
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Enduser wrote:

jb66 wrote:
I would not imagine that retentions would be very helpful if you still had a lot of your contract to run.

They were for me.. Retentions do a lot more than just try to keep customers.

0 Kudos
Jane71
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ignore this
0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Corinneangela wrote:

Enduser wrote:

jb66 wrote:

That was not the point that I was making. The point that I was trying to make was that existing customers ought to be offered better rates. We should not have to phone retention's and see what we can get.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Enduser wrote:

Corinneangela wrote:

Enduser wrote:

jb66 wrote:

That was not the point that I was making. The point that I was trying to make was that existing customers ought to be offered better rates. We should not have to phone retention's and see what we can get.

That sounded exactly like the point you were making.

Still, either way, Virgin is a business the whole idea of which is to make a profit.. new customers get deals to draw them in, as I suspect you did when you joined.. do you really think they should give *everyone* those discounts? Wouldn't be much of a business model would it?

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Enduser wrote:

Corinneangela wrote:

Enduser wrote:

jb66 wrote:

Why should we be offered better rates? The price you see is the price you pay, or you don't and go else where. Where has this loyalty attitude from people come from lately. They are a business trying to make money, I'm not sure why you or anyone feels so special that you expect not to pay the asking price.