Menu
Highlighted
mark_a_carpente
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Quickstart

So i ordered the free V6 upgrade, no problem. Selected a delivery day several weeks in advance so I could take the day off work in order to be at home to sign for it. Get home this evening and hey presto there is a virgin media box just left on the doorstep, excellent work by Yodel could have easily been stolen or got properly soaked with the storm we just had, but hey at least it's turned up. I can only assume there is a standard pre made kit which is being sent out as to why I have a new superhub 3 when the current superhub 2 works perfectly and has done for years. I am reading so many people having problems with the superhub 3 and thats if you can even get it to register in the first place that I am reluctant to change something which works for something that might well not, I can't really be without internet for a week if something goes wrong and an engineer needs to be sent so what I would like to ask is if it's possible to just upgrade the digital TV box to the V6 without having to change the superhub ? I am assuming that when I make the phone call they will just want to try and activate both or can I just request only activating the V6 box ? or do I just give up on the quickstart idea and request an engineer visit ?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickstart

How about you just activate both like what is stated on the box?

0 Kudos
mark_a_carpente
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

because if you actually read what I said there are lots of issues activating / resgistering the superhub 3. Take a look through the broadband section of the forum and there are pages and pages of issues
Why bother replying if you have nothing useful to add ?
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There are pages and pages of lots of faults, there is no widespread known issue regarding activation of hubs, think about it.  If it was as widespread as you say it is they wouldnt be posting them out!!!!

If you got to the point rather than rambling on about yodel it would be easier to read what you wrote

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I agree with @jb66.

It’s far to easy to assume that a few people reporting problems means that more than 4 million other customers will suffer the same issues.

Happy V6 and Hub 3.0 customer with no problems and good WiFi throughout the house.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To hopefully answer the OP's question, I have had a V6 since January and it is working with my Hub 2. Like yourself I have no wish to be downgraded to a Hub 3. 

That simple response could have been given above rather than an unhelpful reply.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
mark_a_carpente
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

as you say a lot of people think the new superhub 3 is a backward step and yes i could have done without the unhelpful reply which has got reported to the moderator

Most of us have genuine questions and try to be helpful to others but a small few numpties ovbiously come on here to make stupid remarks and annoy the rest

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mountain out of a molehill springs to mind...
0 Kudos