Menu
Reply
  • 1.32K
  • 46
  • 179
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
4,360 Views
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Quick View - Has it been there all along?

I don't know if I stumbled on something new or I am just not very observant but I noticed we have a Quick View option on a recording.

You press play and you can activate Quick View by pressing OK. Turn it off using the same method.

I can tell it is sped up a bit but seems to be very effective in that it doesn't make everyone speak like Mickey and Minnie mouse.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.32K
  • 919
  • 2.1K
Superuser
Superuser
4,324 Views
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick View - Has it been there all along?

You must have the new firmware level which adds this.

Have a look at the power savings settings and see if it looks different.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.32K
  • 46
  • 179
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
4,296 Views
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick View - Has it been there all along?

Hmm not a massive studier of those settings but now it has

Always on
Connected Low Power
Eco Low Power

Not sure what they were before as I set to always on from install and never returned to that screen

Software version 20.5.8.1.RC4-VMB-11-C68
  • 10.32K
  • 919
  • 2.1K
Superuser
Superuser
4,292 Views
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick View - Has it been there all along?

Thanks for confirming that you are on the latest firmware level.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 181
  • 1
  • 26
Dereklad
Superfast
4,286 Views
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick View - Has it been there all along?

I watched a video on youtube a few months ago,a american tivo user had that ,its to make binge watching of tv series go faster, and also had an option for skipping the advertisements..







Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.32K
  • 919
  • 2.1K
Superuser
Superuser
4,282 Views
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick View - Has it been there all along?

The 'skip adverts' bit has not been implemented in the UK, AFAIK. Presumeably the UK broadcasters don't like it.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.32K
  • 46
  • 179
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
4,275 Views
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick View - Has it been there all along?

Yes certainly no skip ads thing came up for me.
I can see I may use it from time to time but I bet the wife wouldn't.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.62K
  • 24
  • 173
deans6571
Knows their stuff
4,262 Views
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick View - Has it been there all along?


Ernie_C wrote:

The 'skip adverts' bit has not been implemented in the UK, AFAIK. Presumeably the UK broadcasters don't like it.


...surely the Fast Forward buttons achieve the same result though (which is what I do)?!

__________________________________________________________
Twitter : @deans6571 / Xbox Live : Deans F
  • 10.32K
  • 919
  • 2.1K
Superuser
Superuser
4,256 Views
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick View - Has it been there all along?


deans6571 wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

The 'skip adverts' bit has not been implemented in the UK, AFAIK. Presumeably the UK broadcasters don't like it.


...surely the Fast Forward buttons achieve the same result though (which is what I do)?!


.....and you, at least subliminally, see some of the advert.

  • 1.62K
  • 24
  • 173
deans6571
Knows their stuff
4,249 Views
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick View - Has it been there all along?


Ernie_C wrote:

deans6571 wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

The 'skip adverts' bit has not been implemented in the UK, AFAIK. Presumeably the UK broadcasters don't like it.


...surely the Fast Forward buttons achieve the same result though (which is what I do)?!


.....and you, at least subliminally, see some of the advert.


...I'm really not sure about that!

Smiley Very Happy

__________________________________________________________
Twitter : @deans6571 / Xbox Live : Deans F
0 Kudos
Reply