Menu
RoyalStandard
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Programming remote with code search

Hi - I've been trying to follow this procedure to setup my LG TV with my v6 remote

programming remote using a code search

Stepping through the procedure...
On step 4. my TV turns off after pressing Channel Up 9 times

On the last step - step 7. (press Ok to store the code and the LED will flash green twice)

But when I press Ok, the LED doesn't flash at all, instead the TiVo mini guide pops-up

Q: is it me or, is the procedure wrong ?

-Tom

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Programming remote with code search

RoyalStandard wrote:

Hi - I've been trying to follow this procedure to setup my LG TV with my v6 remote

programming remote using a code search

Stepping through the procedure...
On step 4. my TV turns off after pressing Channel Up 9 times

On the last step - step 7. (press Ok to store the code and the LED will flash green twice)

But when I press Ok, the LED doesn't flash at all, instead the TiVo mini guide pops-up

Q: is it me or, is the procedure wrong ?

-Tom

....the question is - does pressing the volume key on the V6 remote, change the volume of your TV? If yes - your remote has been programmed correctly. If no, you need to start the procedure from the beginning.

Alternatively, you may need to input the code manually, into your remote (the auto programing wouldn't work for me - I had to manually input each and every code until one worked).

RoyalStandard
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

deans6571 wrote ....the question is - does pressing the volume key on the V6 remote, change the volume of your TV? If yes - your remote has been programmed correctly. If no, you need to start the procedure from the beginning.

Yes, Volume, Mute, Chan Up / Down, are all working Ok, also long press on Power button sleeps/wakes up TV

So, I guess Step 7. is wrong (at least for V6) 

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

RoyalStandard wrote:

deans6571 wrote ....the question is - does pressing the volume key on the V6 remote, change the volume of your TV? If yes - your remote has been programmed correctly. If no, you need to start the procedure from the beginning.

Yes, Volume, Mute, Chan Up / Down, are all working Ok, also long press on Power button sleeps/wakes up TV

So, I guess Step 7. is wrong (at least for V6) 

...fantastic - so in other words, the process you linked to DOES indeed work!

Smiley Wink