Menu
wsimons
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Netflix on V6 box

I can watch Netflix ok the first time. If I then watch some non-Netflix TV and after that go back to Netflix the V6 box freezes with "Please Wait" displayed on the TV. The V6 box won't respond to anything and I need to restart it. Netflix is then ok but I get the same issue if I follow the above again. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
digitalmad
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Netflix on V6 box

There is few items to check first ...

1) Your box is linked to the super hub >>>  Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network  It should be marked as Good or Excellent ?

If not linked check network cable is in the socket OK.... if you using Wi Fi you will need to link it again.

2) If OK then go >>> Home .>Help & Settings > System info > Netflix Account Information > If you see a key at the top OK .

if no key then you may need to sign into Netflix account on your PC and see if they can tell you how many items at linked to your account and if TiVo is one of them then delete it or you may need to reset your V6 box to link again to Netflix ??

hope this helps

0 Kudos
wsimons
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Checked both and all looks ok.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi wsimons, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that Netflix isn't working as it should be via your V6 box Smiley Sad 

Apart from the Please Wait message, do you get any error code as well? 

What colour is the screen when it comes up? 

Come back and let me know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's a DNS issues. Set the router DNS to 198.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100. Reset your router and then the Tivo box and it works absolutely fine.

It works in Modem mode fine so you don't need to do all the resets to standard mode on the router. You can also set the DNS to your preferred provider once you are sorted!

0 Kudos
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, typo on my part. DNS settings are194.168.4.100 194.168.8.100.

0 Kudos
Jaunty
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have other ways to access Netflix (Apple TV) so getting access via the V6 is not a priority. But it would be nice to have access so I can access for the Virgin guide.

My Superhub is in Modem mode. I use an Apple Airport Extreme to distribute my wifi. Are you saying manually change the Airport router DNS to as above then reconnect the V6 and it should connect? Then reset router to whatever I want (or let it choose whatever it wants).

Virgin could do with a clear guide on this point somewhere!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chandoraa
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I get the same issue with Netflix on the V6 box, no error message just the "Please Wait" message with the spinning circle that does not spin.

The V6 box totally freezes and the only way to get it back is to pull the power. Once powered back up, Netflix did work the first time but then a day later, I got the same issue again. 

Just got a message from the wife saying that there also appears to be an issue with BBC iPlayer. I will check and update if required.

0 Kudos
Chandoraa
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer is currently not showing a picture, sound is ok, just no picture.
0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to this conversation.last night i switched on netflix,tried to start a movie..and it froze at 1%.box unresponsive,had to pull the power and restart..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos