Menu
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Pre-orders for customers that wish it before Xmas ?

As VM is going to allow the new V6 box on or after the 30th November to be ordered ?

Are VM going to allow customers to pre-order the box before that date to allow time for customers to have the box before Christmas 2016 as going by this forum and others there is a demand for the new box if the price is right for customers ????

We have had the VM site page up for some time now and that has been a bit of trouble with some and we do not know if the V6 page is keeping the data to customers and non customer apart or any data other then just number of people putting details into it ???

Is there going to be a hold on customers that wish to have two boxes into a home at this time to allow all get hold of one box in time for Xmas ?

It's been said that people can only have two boxes in the home, this was told about the 1st TiVo but I have three now ?

If it is only two V6 boxes in a home, can I still keep old TiVo plus two V6 ?

Or  can a customer have two V6 boxes and two older TiVo boxes if they wished ?

Are the boxes going fixed in by VM or can customers that already have services self fix by having box delivered by post and will there be a swap on the door or are going tell customers to bin the box as in older V+ boxes that were swapped ?

Any answers VM would be helpful to customers

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-orders for customers that wish it before Xmas ?

I have read elsewhere that they only want 10,000 V6 out by the end of this year.
Maybe that is due to production of the boxes or perhaps even they class it as a further trial like they are dishing some out now.
Personally it does not seem to have moved on enough for me and at 1TB (currently on confirmed size available) it doesn't give me anything my original 1Tb TiVo installed in the first week of launch apart from surely it is faster.

If they were dishing them out for free that is a different matter but I somehow doubt that.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Telewest,

Thanks for your post and of course your interest. Smiley Happy

I can tell you that the new Virgin TV V6 box powered by TiVo® is coming soon and is currently being piloted by a few elite customers.

You can register your interest for this box here: V6 Box

We'll be releasing more information on this soon so keep your eyes peeled. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

There is no guarantee that it will be any faster, time to wait and wait
0 Kudos
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean by elite customers???
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Why is a new customer Elite over existing customers who had paid £1000's over XX years for a slow TV service?

gordy66
Up to speed
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have been with Virgin Media over 20 years, and as I said in another post Virgin should have given the box to a few people on here it would have been easier for new customers who then got the V6 box to get those various issues sorted out quicker.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

IF November 30th is launch, I dont see many being in place for Christmas.

Christmas fall on Sunday, last working day is the 23rd, and any service company with any intelligence will be saying that weeks out for new installs.

So you've a minimum of 2 weeks and a max of 3 - which translates to 10 or 15(max) working days. Then there's the Christmas rush if they ARE couriered for self install.....

So basically I would say its looking ropey for Xmas....

deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:
There is no guarantee that it will be any faster, time to wait and wait

...actually there is only one guarnatee - it will NOT run any faster than out TiVo boxes. Why? Because it is powered by TiVo - the same software!!!

"...................I can tell you that the new Virgin TV V6 box powered by TiVo®"

Smiley Very Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@deans6571 You guarantee that the new box will perform equally slowly as the existing TiVo as it runs the same software, TiVo.

Did you read that before you wrote it?

The V6 is new hardware, more modern hardware.

Although I can't guarantee the performance of the new box, I am fairly sure that you are talking through a useful part of your anatomy.

0 Kudos