Menu
basisboy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Powerline connecting V6 and old TIVO issue back again....

My problem has come back Smiley Sad

V6 goes through Powerline, Powerline to SuperHub 2ac and old Tivo to Powerline. Worked fine for a few weeks...

Old Tivo can see V6 fine and play recorded content. But V6 can't see old Tivo gets the C423 error !!

V6 doesn't have obtain DHCP IP, the old Tivo does and tried that. I run Network Diagnostics and see connection on both are fine, but Port errors. More on V6.... tried port forwarding but no difference. Rebooted countless times ....

Could be house wiring but strange that old Tivo to V6 is ok. Could be a software bug?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline connecting V6 and old TIVO issue back again....

Tried giving them both a static IP address?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
basisboy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do you do that in V6? Doesn't seem to have option....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Set it in the SuperHub - then hopefully that at least will give some consistency.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
forshawj
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - reserved in DHCP reservations but nope... Tivo to V6 is fine, V6 to Tivo is C423 error....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You only have 3 powerline plugs?

0 Kudos
forshawj
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes - as per Virgin Media's own Powerline help page (http://bit.ly/2i2JMnw) set up as follows:
I have 2 Tivo's (1 V6, 1 1TB Tivo) then I have the following connection:
As TiVo boxes are in different rooms, connected them using three Powerline adapters. Plug one adapter into first TiVo box, another into second TiVo box, and a third into Super Hub.

- it did work fine ... and via TV Anywhere App I can see both boxes fine - set recordings / change channel etc.,

Very strange ...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if IP address assignment is the confusion, among other things. The powerline adaptors are just there to talk to each other. It's up to the network to sort itself out.

Have you rebooted both the boxes since you assigned static IP addresses, otherwise they won't have been picked up? Have you then checked that the boxes have picked up the assignment?

What I'm wondering is if the TiVo thinks its supposed to be talking directly to the V6, and the V6 is expecting to go via the hub (or vice versa).

0 Kudos