Menu
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Posting issue?

I tried to respond to a post on this thread but the post disappeared.

I then tried again and it was blocked with the message :-

"Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)"

Which sounds fair enough if I was making a duplicate post but the original post has disappeared.

Any ideas?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Posting issue?

Hi there Frank, 

It seems that the spam filter had picked up on some of these posts - I've looked into this, and restored your post as it was not spam, and then removed the duplicate messages which were also picked up. I believe that the initial post may have been picked up as the same message was posted with in a short period of time. Us Moderators review all posts which are picked up as spam, and the majority of spam posts are genuine spam, but the odd one or two are genuine either because of multiple posting or suspicious links contained - as your post had no suspicious links this is what leads me to believe that there was some sort of duplicate issue. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Posting issue?

That sounds about right. After my initial attempt I did not check that it had appeared as it always just works. It was about ten minutes later, after I had posted in another thread, that I noticed that my first post was neither in the thread or under my profile. Since I quite often use Notepad to construct a post, the text was still there and I copied it over and posted again. As there was still no sign of it I then tried again and got the error message posted above.

Any idea why it was picked up as spam?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos