Menu
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Post Code not recognised

Hi I am Trying to register for the new V6 box on Virgins site but it keeps telling me it doesn't recognise my email address, despite the fact I have been a customer at this address for about 18 years, I hope this is not a reflection of how good the V6s are going to be, perhaps it might be better to let them circulate a few months and see reports on here, then apply. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Post Code not recognised

Had the same problem you need to put a space so it's like this NR31 8EZ for example not NR318EZ then it works ok
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much in have tried that & other formats all capitals etc, no joy. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again please ignore first post have used your format and it worked perfectly Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I find it incredibly annoying when websites, and there are plenty of them, fail to provide any guidance on how data fields should be filled in.  There are some very poor web designers out there.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi LittleMick73,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear the issues you have had trying to register your interest for the New V6 box. 

I'm glad you managed to get things sorted after having advice from the Community Smiley Happy

Dave_cq, I totally agree with you. A small error message would be super helpful so you know where you're going wrong. I've fed this back to the relevant team for going forward. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi LittleMick73,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear the issues you have had trying to register your interest for the New V6 box. 

I'm glad you managed to get things sorted after having advice from the Community Smiley Happy

Dave_cq, I totally agree with you. A small error message would be super helpful so you know where you're going wrong. I've fed this back to the relevant team for going forward. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

There is a fault in the format for the postcode. It works if you put all the post code together not in two parts. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

jbsco wrote:

There is a fault in the format for the postcode. It works if you put all the post code together not in two parts. 

...so you disagree with the post earlier in the thread that suggests the opposite?

0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I've tried it myself and it refuses when there is a space
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator