Menu
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Port Configuration Test: Failed

Hi just looking through the settings on my V6 and on Network Diagnostics I got.

My SH3 is connected via modem mode, so are there any ports I ought to open on my router to make this go away?

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, I did have a look.

thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
LdGallifryan
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Configuration Test: Failed

stevedh2 wrote:

Hi just looking through the settings on my V6 and on Network Diagnostics I got.

My SH3 is connected via modem mode, so are there any ports I ought top open on my router to make this go away?

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, I did have a look.

thanks

Steve

I asked a similar question yesterday.

They told me that you have to have the V6 plugged into the Ethernet port on the Superhub, nobody has mentioned in a More Common Setup it being in Modem Mode and using your own External Router Setup.

In Theory it should work, Just via Powerline or WiFi to and from your V6 to a External Router.

(Getting my 2 TiVos replaced -upgraded?- to the V6's Tuesday)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevedh2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're unable to connect your V6 box to your router successfully. 

I do believe one of our Superusers @dannylau has this set up so he may be able to help you regarding the Ports.

For diagnostic purposes, can you turn your Hub off, unplug your router and instead plug the V6 box in to the hub. Turn the hub back on and see if that connects or if you get the same issue. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

Apart from this error the Box seems to work ok, although I will keep an eye on things.

I will also try the direct connection you suggested when it is convenient to do so.

I have also enabled upnp on the router to see if that helped things, but it doesn't appear to make a difference.

thanks

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dur..

I tells you what ports need to be opened when you select failed...
I'll try opening them and see if that fixes it 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi stevedh2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're unable to connect your V6 box to your router successfully. 

I do believe one of our Superusers @dannylau has this set up so he may be able to help you regarding the Ports.

For diagnostic purposes, can you turn your Hub off, unplug your router and instead plug the V6 box in to the hub. Turn the hub back on and see if that connects or if you get the same issue. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

I may not be that much help, I just plugged it in and it worked, I didn't change a thing, though my sh3 is in router mode with the wifi turned off

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

I may not be that much help, I just plugged it in and it worked, I didn't change a thing, though my sh3 is in router mode with the wifi turned off

Hi can you confirm that when you say it worked, the port test in the settings menu said that it passed.

Everything seems to be working fine, and if I hadn't been exploring my settings I wouldn't have noticed it, so I'm probably trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Also a bit of research seams to imply that this is something not fully implemented yet and so always fails.

That aside opening all the required ports did nothing.

thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

stevedh2 wrote:

dannylau wrote:

Hi can you confirm that when you say it worked, the port test in the settings menu said that it passed.

Everything seems to be working fine, and if I hadn't been exploring my settings I wouldn't have noticed it, so I'm probably trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Also a bit of research seams to imply that this is something not fully implemented yet and so always fails.

That aside opening all the required ports did nothing.

thanks

Steve

I just ran the test and it failed, though everything works, on demand Netflix the EPG is updating etc 

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

I just ran the test and it failed, though everything works, on demand Netflix the EPG is updating etc 

Thanks, that's reassuring, so nothing to worry about Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
razorhazor
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

i'm getting the same connection failed error messages and I'm unable to stream to the TV Anywhere App on my iPad.  I'm wondering if these issues are related.

Anyone been able to get both working with an personal router? (DD-WRT).

I've forwarded TCP ports 8080,8081,7287,7288 to the V6.

M

0 Kudos