Menu
mike291159
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor installation

Engineer installed v6 box I moved tivo box upstairs and connected it up to cables at no time was it advised that the boxes needed to be connected intact when I questioned engineer about having heard that I could watch recordings from upstairs on lounge TV he said that I couldn't with no elaboration could he have run ethernet cable out from v+ box along outside wall and back in where cable comes into house best solution  or provided powerline adapters 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor installation

mike291159 wrote:

Engineer installed v6 box I moved tivo box upstairs and connected it up to cables at no time was it advised that the boxes needed to be connected intact when I questioned engineer about having heard that I could watch recordings from upstairs on lounge TV he said that I couldn't with no elaboration could he have run ethernet cable out from v+ box along outside wall and back in where cable comes into house best solution  or provided powerline adapters 

The V6 should be installed by the engineer and he should ensure that it has a network connection. If it has been agreed in advance and there has been prior agreement that the Tivo is to be kept then they will normally install it using either an existing or new co-ax connection, as per the agreement.

However, the network connection between the V6 and the Tivo is the customer's responsibility and that includes procuring any additional parts required, e.g. ethernet cables, powerlines, etc.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!