Menu
Norman_Law
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Playing recordings on TiVo from v6 Box

Had my V6 box installed today. Everything OK on the box except for the following problem.

I had two 1TB TiVo boxes before and was able to play recordings from the box in the living room to the second TiVo box and vice versa. Both boxes were connected via Ethernet to gigabit switches.

I have just tested the facility from the new V6 box as I have quite a few recording to catch up on that are still on the 1TB TiVo. I can connect and see the recordings list on the TiVo box but when I try to play one I get the following error message.

"Cannot be played due to bradcaster restrictions on <channel>".

It doesn't matter which channel the recording was made from the message is the same. As I said this worked before from TiVo to TiVo but not TiVo to V6. Anyone able to suggest what's wrong?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Playing recordings on TiVo from v6 Box

AFAIK It takes a bit for the system to twig on about the new box and let you stream between them. Thats why I asked about the TV Anywhere account, when you see them both in there, MRS should work fine.

Glad to hear its working now, if anything else goes pear shaped feel free to ask.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ive only had that message come up on one recording I tried to stream from V6 to tablet (strangely it was a BBC One recording), Ive not seen it on TiVo to V6.

When you log into TV anywhere do you see both the TiVo you are trying to stream FROM and the V6 on your account?

0 Kudos
Norman_Law
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just checked and can see both boxes and both sets of "My Shows".

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay Ill escalate this for you as you SHOULD be able to use MRS okay..

Can you post the names of a couple of shows you have tried to stream?

0 Kudos
Norman_Law
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK sod's law just manifested itself. Just tried again and now it's working. Tried a few recordings earlier and none worked. Just tried them again and all's OK. Go figure. Thanks for your responses, I'll keep an eye on things.

Norman
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

AFAIK It takes a bit for the system to twig on about the new box and let you stream between them. Thats why I asked about the TV Anywhere account, when you see them both in there, MRS should work fine.

Glad to hear its working now, if anything else goes pear shaped feel free to ask.