Menu
hansi
Superfast
Message 1 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

BT live football channels have intermittent periods of pixellation via my V6 Box. This has been an on-going problem since it was installed, and an engineer has checked all my connections and they are all ok. I have been in touch with the engineer who has been very helpful, but it is very annoying to have this problem which also occurs during some recordings. The engineer has been doing all he can so I don't know what the  next step is going to be.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Teresa6
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 54
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation

Hi,

We are having pixelation ( quite bad, picture breaks up for 2/3 seconds every 3-4 minutes) on every programme, either live or recordings. Seems to have got worse yesterday. Called Virgin and am getting an engineer next Saturday, though now contemplating having a day off after last night's viewing, which was unwatchable at times 😥

0 Kudos

All Replies
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 2 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Might be the box perhaps? I've got two v6's and no issues watching live football on bt sport that i've noticed on either box.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi hansi

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently. I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. 

We're not detecting any errors at the moment, I hope that means that the picture has improved? Are you noticing issues with any other content on BT Sport? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 4 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig and thanks for your reply. The pixellation seems to be worse on BT Sport, but I was watching Sky News today and they showed an item from an outside reporter and the picture was continually breaking up. I was hoping that they would apologise for the picture quality, but  they didn't so I guess it must be the V6 Box. Also while watchnig the ITV News at One today, the picture froze momentarily. It happens very infrequently but is very annoying. I have been keeping in touch with one of your engineers about this and he is aware of the problem, and confrmed that someone he checked with was also having the problems with BT Sport. Hope it can be sorted out as I am paying Virgin media a lot of money every month and I expect a perfect picture consistently.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi hansi

Thanks for the response, it's hard to say whether that issue is linked as it was only a one off scene. 

The engineer you're in touch with, have they mentioned any work that would be worthwhile carrying out? As we're not seeing any issues from our end and there are no known issues with BT Sport. IS this something you're seeing on the HD and SD content? 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 6 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I've got similar pixellation issues (although as stated above not that i've noticed on bt sport). I was advised to look for any patterns to the pixellation before the engineer visits. Is it worse when it's cold, raining etc and to look at the diagnostics screen for rs uncorrected errors. My pixellation is much worse on higher frequency channels so maybe that gives some indication as to the problem in my case.
0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 7 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Since the engineer has already been very helpful and renewed all my connections, and you can't see any problems your end I can only presume that there is a fault in the box but it would be a pain if I had to load all the recordings etc again. I have only watched the HD channels so can't tell you if the same thing happens to SD channels
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response hansi

Could you check the SD content when you get a chance? Are you noticing this issue occur with all content on BT Sport? E.g. multiple programs and adverts. 

If there is a fault with the box, we'd need to arrange for an engineer to come and take another look, which does run the risk of the box being replaced, although it's always a last resort as we know how much of a pain that could be. 

Craig

0 Kudos
Rik08
Tuning in
Message 9 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Have the same issue with my v6 box, installed on Wednesday, pixelated pictures on c4hd and a recording on discovery had. Did not happened with my TiVo box

0 Kudos
Teresa6
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 54
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

We are having pixelation ( quite bad, picture breaks up for 2/3 seconds every 3-4 minutes) on every programme, either live or recordings. Seems to have got worse yesterday. Called Virgin and am getting an engineer next Saturday, though now contemplating having a day off after last night's viewing, which was unwatchable at times 😥

0 Kudos