Menu
Rik08
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixelated pictures

Hi,

has anyone had any issues with pixelated pictures on the new v6 box ? It happened to me yesterday whilst watching c4hd, also a recording I made on discovery channel was so badly broken up it was unwatchable 😫

Not sure if this is a problem with the box or the signal coming to my house, any suggestions would be appreciated !

thanks

Rik

0 Kudos
Teresa6
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelated pictures

Hi,

Yes, we've been getting pixelation every 3/4 minutes on both recordings and just watching TV, on all channels on everything. Had v6 box for just two weeks now. It also resets back to beginning, when on pause! I called Virgin yesterday and the boxes are so new, she was unable to remote in to check signal. Now getting an engineer next Saturday. I could have had them visit during the week, but wasnt suitable for us. I suggest you call them too and report it, as it just gets worse unfortunately. It was really bad last night and even considering having a day off next week and rescheduling a visit.

Redhead2403
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having same problem with steaming old walking dead episodes and it wiped all book marks of series off my shows , do you think it's comnnected ?
roddydogs
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I get a small amount of pixelation, the old Tivo used to do it as well, it seems to coincide with when a tuner starts recording when another tuner is also recording, but that may just be my imagination.

0 Kudos
Rik08
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have found a fix !! 

Unplug power from mains then restart, fixes issue but doesn't help on recordings ! Phoned virgin, have to wait 2weeks to get an engineer ! Rubbish service for the amount I pay a month ! They say it's the program supplier, i.e. Discovery Channel ! 

0 Kudos
Rik08
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Love the walking dead 😃

Try unplugging from mains and then restarting..

0 Kudos
fionamarc
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We have the same when watching recordings of Channel 4 HD and some other channels
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi fionamarc,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today with your TV service?  If you are still experiencing any issues please let me know and I'll be happy to help further.

Keep me posted.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos