Menu
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture loss on V6

I am getting the occasional picture loss when I start watching TV

I was told it's a known error when I rang up a very helpful lady at the weekend. She said until the update is installed,one should turn the box off and on

VM - any news on update?
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture loss on V6

anthony_b wrote:
I am getting the occasional picture loss when I start watching TV

I was told it's a known error when I rang up a very helpful lady at the weekend. She said until the update is installed,one should turn the box off and on

VM - any news on update?

Is there any more detail on this "known error" as, while I don't doubt that she told you this, I have seen no such thing and I would have thought that there would be more on this issue on the forum if it was a known error and thus affecting others.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are very fortunate then

It has happened to my set two or three times recently.

It's on their list of things that need to be done. As she said,whenever a new thing comes out there will be teething problems
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

anthony_b wrote:
You are very fortunate then
Not neccessarily unless there are other reports suggesting that this is the norm for most V6 customers.

It has happened to my set two or three times recently.

It's on their list of things that need to be done. As she said,whenever a new thing comes out there will be teething problems

Of course there will be teething problems but, since there does not appear to be many other reports on this particular issue, I am simply curious about the nature of the problem.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What happens is when I turn my TV on and the V6 box,I can hear the sounds of channels but all I can see is a black screen with no picture.

As I have said,it's an issue known with VM and they are hoping for a fix soon as like what I said it's annoying
0 Kudos