Menu
fumper
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture but no sound.

Hi everybody I was wondering if I could possibly get some help with the issue that I'm currently having with my new V6 box and my Samsung 4K TV. We had a V6 box installed a little under a week ago and on the first evening everything was fine but the next morning when turning on the TV I had sound but no picture. If I change the source on the HDMI to a different one and back again I still have sound but no picture. Is seems that there is an issue with the HDCP connection between the TV which is a new Samsung 4K TV and V6 box itself. Was just wondering if anybody has a similar issue or any ideas how to stop this from happening as every time I want to watch TV I have to turn the TV off at the mains supply first wait a few seconds and then turn it back on before actually get the picture. The V6 box is a direct replacement for the old style TV box which although very slow and sluggish did not have this connection issue. I believe it may be a HDCP 2.2 connection issue between the TV and the box I've tried updating the TV but they are currently no updates available. Anybody who could shed some light on this situation for me would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Stephen
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture but no sound.

Turn the TV on first and let it complete booting, then bring the V6 out of standby.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
fumper
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture but no sound.

I think I've tried this but it don't seem to solve the problem.
0 Kudos