Menu
Smevster
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Picture and sound cutting out

Hi

Had V6 installed on Monday.  Yesterday and today when I first come to use my box it keeps cutting out - the screen goes blank and sound goes off.  Just for a second, then comes back on.  But then it does it again a second later or sometime a few seconds later.  And it keeps doing this until I reboot the box.

Is this a known problem?  I have my V6 box connected directly to a Samsung 4K TV, via HDMI.

Thanks

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture and sound cutting out

Odd haven't seen that before, have you tried with a different hdmi lead, also do you have another tv/monitor you can test it on, it could be related to HDMI copy protection issues others have had.

Smevster
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't have another TV or monitor I can try it on.  I think I have another HDMI lead knocking about somewhere, so I can try that.

What's the copy protection issues people have been having?  I was only watching snooker on Eurosport.

0 Kudos
Smevster
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have tried using a different cable and so far it seems to have done the trick.  Haven't spent too much time watching TV since, but the couple of times I have there has been no further recurrence.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help.

abs4190
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have problems with my v6 box where most times I'll get no sound at all on non HD channels. .and also on HD channels at times. Only resolved once I turn the TV off and on again. Pain in the backside. .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI abs4190

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently, I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box and we're not detecting any errors. 

You've mentioned this issue is temporarily resolved by turning the TV on and off, do you reboot the set top box when doing this too? If not, can you talk me through how you've got your set top box connected to the TV? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hdmi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response abs4190

To confirm, you've just got the HDMI cable going from the back of the TiVo to the TV? If so, have you been able to test the cable at all? By trying an alternate cable or yours on an alternate device? 

Are you also able to test another input on your TV if it's set up this way? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos