Menu
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

People say the Tivo Interface is dated

Can they add software to the Tivo and V6 boxes so customers can change the background colours, and what does the supposed replacement Horizon Eos interface look like.
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: People say the Tivo Interface is dated

TBH I don't give a fig what colours the interface is.. and nor would I feel the need to be able to change colours.. I am far more interested in a fast, working system. It's not like a PC you spend hours looking at each day.

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have read posts saying that the Tivo should be updated with graphics similar to Netflix/Amazon. I have just spent a frustrating twenty minutes looking for new stuff on Netflix and the graphic interface was driving me up the wall. 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have to agree with the sentiment already shown in the responses in this thread so far.

The TiVo software does a great job at scheduling the programs I want to watch with no input from me, except creating the series links initially.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't mind the interface but I do think it would have been nice to get a new interface on the V6 and not just the same TiVo interface but quicker - it is a V6 after all, it's not a TiVo so why was the V6 given the TiVo interface?! 

It is what it is...! 

Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't see the point of change for the sake of change.. it should only change to improve things. I doubt that changing the interface (just because it's anew box) would improve the V6.

I find the interface intuitive and easy to use.. unlike Sky interface that I have used a few times at my daughter's place.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

deans6571 wrote:

I don't mind the interface but I do think it would have been nice to get a new interface on the V6 and not just the same TiVo interface but quicker - it is a V6 after all, it's not a TiVo so why was the V6 given the TiVo interface?! 

It is what it is...! 

It's the "Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo". So it's going to have a TiVo interface Smiley Happy

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/v6.html

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also its more the tivo being given the V6 interface Smiley Happy...

It would be nice to have the option of a simplified interface for visually impaired or for those who just find the tivo too complicated.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Corinneangela wrote:

I don't see the point of change for the sake of change.. it should only change to improve things. I doubt that changing the interface (just because it's anew box) would improve the V6.

I find the interface intuitive and easy to use.. unlike Sky interface that I have used a few times at my daughter's place.

As above.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

stevedh2 wrote:

Also its more the tivo being given the V6 interface Smiley Happy...

It would be nice to have the option of a simplified interface for visually impaired or for those who just find the tivo too complicated.

I thought that there was "a simplified interface for visually impaired" already?

As for it being too complicated. Is it? I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who make no effort to learn something new. There is another current thread where a poster is asking questions to which he could easily find the answer for himself if he simply explored the interface.

You don't try and you don't learn.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos