Menu
hansi
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Penny pinching Virgin Media

Yesterday, a Virgin engineer installed my new V6 Box to replace my Tivo Box. I also have a V+ Box upstairs which hasn't been working properly lately, so I asked him if he could move the Tivo box upstairs as a replacement for the V+ Box, which he said are no longer being supplied. He said he had to ring to confirm this,but when he did so, he said that I would have to pay an extra monthly cost . The had me over a barrel so I reluctantly agreed, but I am very annoyed about paying extra, as he couldn't replace the  V+ Box anyway.

I have been with VM since the ntl days, but obviously loyalty means nothing mow that it is a huge conglomerate.Very disappointed

0 Kudos
Doudar
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Penny pinching Virgin Media

I will be in the same boat, how much extra did they want?

JohnD
Strangely strange but oddly normal.
0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Originally they said £5 per month, but then reduced it to £1 per month. It's not so much the money, it's the principle. Is this the way to treat loyal customers? And like I said, they couldn't replace the V+ Box anyway, so why should I have to pay more?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There is an additional charge associated with having a TiVo over a V+HD box, which has always been the case.

This would have been made clear to you had you requested the move in advance of the installation.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Doudar
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

According to my order I should get a V6 and a 1TB TiVo.

Capture.JPG

JohnD
Strangely strange but oddly normal.
0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still a bit sneaky though!

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hansi wrote:

Originally they said £5 per month, but then reduced it to £1 per month. It's not so much the money, it's the principle. Is this the way to treat loyal customers? And like I said, they couldn't replace the V+ Box anyway, so why should I have to pay more?

So you got it for £1 pm instead of £5 pm which would be because you had been with VM a while.. so you got a 'loyalty' reduction but still complain?

0 Kudos
slatey
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At least your tech guy turned up today, i took my last day off and cleared the house rushed through my Dr appoint then had to phone Virgin to see where he was only to be told that my install was rescheduled for Feb grr so i cancelled my install and Sky cinema in temper as you all have thought about i'm sure so i guess that your extra charge was cancelled out by my cancelled reschedule Lol Lol you have to laugh or you will go nuts.

tonyworks
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At least if you get freeview or freesat you can install it yourself when you are free and when YOU like. No problem at all and you don't  need to bother VM or wait for them

Tony