Menu
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Paring remote

Hello all today I joined the rank of V6 users. All ok so far. Defo faster. Iplayer app runs much better. 

Ive tried to pair the remote however I can't seem to do it. I've tried home help settings devices. Then pair remote. Then hold down info button. But I simply get a red light on the remote however long I hold the button for. It never turns green!

any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Paring remote

Try the second method:

Your Virgin TV V6 remote should automatically be paired with the box when set up, but if not, there two ways to do it.

Using your Virgin TV V6 remote:

1. Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Remote Control Pairing.

2. Press and hold the Info button for 7 seconds until the light at the top of the remote goes solid green then flashes green twice.

Or, by using the Virgin TV V6 box and remote:

1. Press the Channel Down button on the front of the Virgin TV V6 box for 10 seconds.

2. Then, hold the Info button down on the remote for 7 seconds. The light on the top of the remote will flash green twice.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try the second method:

Your Virgin TV V6 remote should automatically be paired with the box when set up, but if not, there two ways to do it.

2. Press and hold the Info button for 7 seconds until the light at the top of the remote goes solid green then flashes green twice.

1. Press the Channel Down button on the front of the Virgin TV V6 box for 10 seconds.

2. Then, hold the Info button down on the remote for 7 seconds. The light on the top of the remote will flash green twice.

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie. I'll try that

0 Kudos
Nabeel6235
Just joined
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue, I got my V6 box this morning (literally 2 hours ago) but I can't seem to pair the remote to the TV... In fact I can't even seem to pair it to the V6 box itself! I'm trying to do the initial set up but nothing on the remote is working at all apart from the volume button.

Any help please? Thanks
0 Kudos
PhilipF
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try

Try the second met

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nabeel6235, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

Did PhilipF's instructions help you to resolve your query? If not post back here and let us know so we can help further. 

As a new V6 user, have a browse through the other threads. and jump in if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
paler31
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am having this problem second method does exactly the same as first method. no green light it just flashes red.  The remote works appart from I cannot put it on to standby and have to switch it of at the wall. very annoying.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi paler31,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with getting your remote control working and the actions above haven't helped. 

It's likely the issue could be related to a possible known issue.

NKE00008484: V6 (Remote not responding): The box no longer responds to key presses from the remote control. Usually a reboot resolves this so if it's not then we may well need to look at a replacement. 

Try the tips here first: Fix Virgin TV Remote Problems

If you're still having an issue after doing this, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to help. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 installed many moons ago.

Now on RC #8 or 9 lost count.

They pair up for 10 mins then stop working!

Works perfect 100% on the app so it IS a RC issue.

Any plans to fix this during my lifetime?
0 Kudos