Menu
Gunga_62
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

POOR POOR SERVICE - AGAIN

DO NOT believe the *********** that customer services tell you (ME) that the new V6S box once fitted can have the contents (FILMS ETC.,)  transferred.....

I have taken a days leave to find out he hard way - IT CAN'T and to Hiss me of even more - VM will NOT issue a refund /reduction etc., on my bill through THEIR error 

WHAT A SHOWER - what is the point of "customer services ??" the job title is a joke and the service is a disgrace - the only good thing is the engineer was sound as a pound and was also going to feed on my comments 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: POOR POOR SERVICE - AGAIN

Did CS actually say that? I haven't seen anywhere in the advertisements that is says you can transfer recordings. You can transfer settings so the V6 will be set up with your series links, but not previously recorded programs.

One way of watching older recordings is to keep the old Tivo set up in a different room with the boxes both connected to the HUB then you can watch the old recordings (providing you either already have a 2nd box or you pay extra to have the 2nd box connected). I switched my old tivo for the even older Tivo in my spare room so I can watch them.

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If someone told you that, they were wrong.

You have never been able to transfer recordings from Tivo's V6 boxes or even rival company recording boxes.
As mentioned, you can transfer the series links. Maybe you misunderstood the way that this was explained.

You don't loose series links, as they can be transferred but recordings are on the box and can't be transferred. 

0 Kudos
Gunga_62
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

YES they did --- and I MADE SURE I said films...and series - and guess what ????

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TBH.. most films shown on TV (specially on Sky channels) come around again -  often -  and your series+ links should have the past episodes you may not have yet watched. I know it's not what CS told you, but you should still be able to watch most that you missed.

0 Kudos