Menu
Wile_E_Coyote
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

PDC

...and being new and improved, the V6 will enter the 21st. century and have PDC of course, then I won't get half of QI XL like I did this week...can't wait to get mine Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: PDC

I got half of QI but I watched it on V6 iplayer

0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

PDC isn't used in digital tv That was used through text services to video recorders. TiVo doesn't use a dynamic epg like freesat, Sky and freeview. This is because it does far more than these services. It does update regularly, so may catch an update.
I suspect the broadcaster was running late. Only channels 1-5 use a dynamic epg and 5 are quite bad at it anyhow.
Our super users will know does the epg update every 6 or 4 hours?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's 4 times a day and, of course, you can force a network connection in addition at any time.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

PDC was run from analogue teletext, & relied on someone in the output suite of the broadcaster pushing a button to send the signal out. If your recording failed, nine times out of ten it was because they forgot to do it. Not really an effective system.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Wile_E_Coyote
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Excuse me for using out of date terminology, maybe Accurate Recording should have been the title.

While waiting for my V6 box to be fitted  - tomorrow Smiley Very Happy - I transferred my recording to my Freeview HD PVR (don't you just love those abbreviations? You'd think that word would be shorter Smiley Wink ) which performed without a hitch over the whole of the festive period, starting and stopping where it should including re-scheduled programmes.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wile_E_Coyote wrote:

Excuse me for using out of date terminology, maybe Accurate Recording should have been the title.

While waiting for my V6 box to be fitted  - tomorrow Smiley Very Happy - I transferred my recording to my Freeview HD PVR (don't you just love those abbreviations? You'd think that word would be shorter Smiley Wink ) which performed without a hitch over the whole of the festive period, starting and stopping where it should including re-scheduled programmes.

Though, as has been said on these forums many times, many of us don't want our recordings re-scheduled, possibly then causing problems for later planned recordings, just because a broadcaster, usually the BBC, can't stick to its own schedules. On BBC2 in particular, it often can't keep to schedule on an evening even when there are no changes to the schedule, nothing running late for example. 

I saw one example over Christmas when it had a programme running a couple of minutes late and, despite this, the BBC still decided to show numerous trailers rather than start the next programme. It is this contempt for viewers that really annoys me. I complained recently about an important political interview that was filmed from every angle possible, from the floor, from the roof, rather than concentrating on the content, which was the important point. The response was that they knew better how to do this. I pointed out that Channel 4 news conducted almost the same interview an hour later with two cameras, one on the interviewer and the other on the interviewee, and it provided the viewer with a far better experience of what the subject matter was all about..

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Wile_E_Coyote
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What is it with TiVo and QI XL? I know it isn't quite the same now but even so.

My old faithful Humax HDR Fox T2 however captured it (22/01/2017) in it's entirety as before.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Truncated or didn't record? Which channel?

What are your Clash Resolution settings?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As far as I can tell the snooker finished early on 22/01/2017 and the Beeb in their infinite wisdom decided to fill the shortfall with a programme that was too long and this resulted in QI XL starting later than billed.  I'm guessing Wile E's Humax must have received an EPG update with the revised running times, but my V6 didn't so missed the end of the programme.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.