Menu
philipputson
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged for Installation?

Can anyone advise about this:

I'm checking our charges coming up on our next bill and it appears we are getting overcharged now.  We moved to the VIP Bundle.

Originally we were getting 3 v6s installed.  And our contract stated:  £154.94 cost which I thought was a funny amount considering it was short the correct amount.  But there was part month charges on the account which I thought was strange considering the services are going to cost a lot less so I thought the customer service adviser did something strange with the service charge.

Now after the install we ended up with only 2 boxes installed due to a over-utilisation fault in my area and dispatch refused to install it.

We phoned up xmas eve, spoke to a very good CS Agent and he advised we would only be charged for the 2 boxes and then give us a goodwill credit for the over utilisation which currently is going to end in April.  He stated that in April (or whenever the fault clears) we would actually get the 3rd box absolutely free of charge considering the lengthly wait for them to clear the fault.  He said to tell them to look at the notes on xmas eve for authorisation of this.

Now on my virginmedia I have checked the current charges and the old charges still appear on the bill. However the goodwill gesture appears on the bill so I would assume that the charges would have autocorrected it self or I am being a bit too early?

It shows the following breakdown:
23 Dec Activation Fee £14.99
23 Dec Manned Installation Charg £40.00
23 Dec V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
23 Dec Virgin V6 Activation Fee £0.00
23 Dec Leapfrog Addl TBR £0.00

I thought it was free manned install as there is no quick setup for them?

I was expecting   Activation fee £14.99,  0 manned charge,  49.95 first box, 0.00 second box (as on VIP) and 99.95 for the 3rd box (which we didn't get).

So should we have got charged £64.94 for 2 v6 boxes and activation fee?

There are 2 adjustments on the account but thats the utilisation fault and refer a friend.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Overcharged for Installation?

2 boxes on the VIP pack would cost £49.99 for the 1st box, second box is free and a £14.95 activation fee, total cost £64.94 no other charges should be applied

andycambs
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you not shown the credits for installation on the package change confirmation?

One-off charges & credits
V6 No Colocation Free install £40.00CR
Activation Fee £14.99
Manned Installation Charge £40.00
V6 Box Activation Credit £50.00CR
V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
One-off charges & credits total £64.94
Other fees, charges & credits total* £64.94

The first £40 clears the manned installation charge. The second credit reduces the activation fee from £99.95 to £49.95. I assume it's done this way so work is billed internally, but you're not paying for it.

My total  one off costs will possibly be different to you, as I'm not on the VIP package by the way.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

2 boxes on the VIP pack would cost £49.99 for the 1st box, second box is free and a £14.95 activation fee, total cost £64.94 no other charges should be applied

andycambs
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you not shown the credits for installation on the package change confirmation?

One-off charges & credits
V6 No Colocation Free install £40.00CR
Activation Fee £14.99
Manned Installation Charge £40.00
V6 Box Activation Credit £50.00CR
V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
One-off charges & credits total £64.94
Other fees, charges & credits total* £64.94

The first £40 clears the manned installation charge. The second credit reduces the activation fee from £99.95 to £49.95. I assume it's done this way so work is billed internally, but you're not paying for it.

My total  one off costs will possibly be different to you, as I'm not on the VIP package by the way.

0 Kudos
philipputson
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no.  no credit related to manned installation or V6 at all.

we only got a contract email and I logged in to my virginmedia to see the charges haven't changed (on the contract its not listed seperately so we didn't know what each was charged).  Those are the charges currently applied to our account.  The only credits we have on our account are for refer a friend and for high utilisation fault.

the list in the contract is the same as shown in the other charges @ virginmedia so those haven't been changed as yet to reflect 2 boxes

0 Kudos
philipputson
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phoned them up today and got £40 back for Manned Install and £50 back for the V6. 

Thanks guys.