Menu
rgoodman1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Out of home streaming

Hi All

Does anyone have the out of home streaming working ? when ever I try to set it up it just fails, I have restarted everything and it still fails to set it up.

Does it require certain ports opening on my router ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
theboylogan
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of home streaming

Same here, I have a ticket logged with Tier II support.

I cant get in home or out of home streaming to work, despite the iphone and ipad apps keep on reminding me of it

Steven
0 Kudos
rgoodman1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad its not just me, tried all the tricks from the usa site as well but nothing works let me know what they say is needed to fix it
0 Kudos
Jaydun
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've been told by 2nd line support that out of home streaming is not available on the V6 box nor will it be.

I feel I've been misold the V6 box and am trying to cancel.

Did or was out of home streaming actually stated as a feature by Virgin as Customer Services are adamant it wasn't!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can stream live TV by wifi while away from home.

0 Kudos
rgoodman1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So let me get this straight the software has the option for out of home streaming but its not avialable on the v6 boxes supplied by Virgin? So I go away for a week in the uk and want to catch up on a tv program thats been recorded but i have to wait until i get home and then download it to my phone? That is of course assuming its one of the 3 programms this is allowed on! Not exactly sure how this is Virgins answer to Sky Q well only 11 months today until I can wave goodbye to this yet again below par offering but with the added bonus this time of miss representation of a products offering
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A genuine question.

Are you saying that a recording saved on a SkyQ box can be viewed on an iPad remotely from your home?

0 Kudos
Rs101
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It can't be streamed from Q to the remote iPad - it can be downloaded when the iPad is within the home and viewed later.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Rs101 wrote:
It can't be streamed from Q to the remote iPad - it can be downloaded when the iPad is within the home and viewed later.

Same as the V6

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

Although reasonably happy with my two V6 upgrades from TiVo boxes and the additional streaming and hub WiFi connection rather than power line i do agree that two big bug bears for me are the lack of 4k broadcasts and the out of home streaming of recorded content. Another although not VM's fault is the limited amount of downloadable content due to copyright restrictions and only 1 download at a time. It almost makes you want to set up peer to peer to compensate

VIP customer

0 Kudos