Menu
Silverstar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Ordering V6 box via My Virgin Media

It has been mentioned that you can obtain the new V6 box via My Virgin Media. I can not see any options to upgrade to the V6 box. How do you upgrade using My Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ordering V6 box via My Virgin Media

If the option is available on your account it should come up on the My Upgrades and Offers tab.  In some cases such as having special offers or discounts on your current deal the online upgrade path isn't available.  In this case you will see a message to call in to make changes.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Silverstar, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they will be able to process your order for the V6 box Smiley Happy 

Come back and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:

If the option is available on your account it should come up on the My Upgrades and Offers tab.  In some cases such as having special offers or discounts on your current deal the online upgrade path isn't available.  In this case you will see a message to call in to make changes.

...I'm not getting any info on the V6 via the 'My Upgrades and Offers' - see here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-Not-showing-under-My-Offers/td-p/3277497

...does that mean I do not qualify for a V6 box?

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

No. I had the same on my upgrade page but when I phone in I got the upgrade to V6. You will need to phone though. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

deans6571 wrote:

Graham_A wrote:

...I'm not getting any info on the V6 via the 'My Upgrades and Offers' - see here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-Not-showing-under-My-Offers/td-p/3277497

...does that mean I do not qualify for a V6 box?

As I understand it with Full House TV and Vivid 100 you should be able to get a V6 for £99.95 plus the £14.99 activation fee.

I don't no why it isn't showing online - I can't check on my account due to discounts currently applied.

Silverstar
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Ordered the upgrade to the new V6 box yesterday with the install date of 16th December. When I received the confirmation email I noticed that my package has changed. There appears to be a Sky Sports promotion and the broadband changed to gamer. The total for the package is a little less of what I am currently paying. Question, is this correct, will my contract change and after the Sky Sports promotion will the price go up?

0 Kudos
Silverstar
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Silverstar wrote:

Ordered the upgrade to the new V6 box yesterday with the install date of 16th December. When I received the confirmation email I noticed that my package has changed. There appears to be a Sky Sports promotion and the broadband changed to gamer. The total for the package is a little less of what I am currently paying. Question, is this correct, will my contract change and after the Sky Sports promotion will the price go up?

Have now sorted this out with customer service, Sky Sports promotion has been removed.

0 Kudos
vwt5
Up to speed
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

so how much did the v6 box cost you if you dont mind me asking?

0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I noticed that it says'  An engineer will get you up and running. Your Hub and Virgin TV V6 box need to sit close to each other to work best, and this may mean moving your kit.

i don't particularly want a super hub stuck next to my Tv . Is it essential that it is next to the tv or can it just be hidden behind my tv stand ?

0 Kudos