Menu
savik2
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Option to upgrade to V6 not showing in My Upgrades & Offers

I'm trying to find out whether it's possible for me to upgrade to the V6 box. I have checked the My Upgrades & Offers page, and it isn't showing as an option.  My current Bundle is Vivid 150/TV M+/Talk Unlimited, and I have the standard Tivo box.  I am happy with my Bundle, it's just that the old Tivo box is gettng slow and clunky.  Do I have to upgrade to a different bundle before VM will let me upgrade the Tivo box to V6?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
livingdeadbride
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Option to upgrade to V6 not showing in My Upgrades & Offers

Hi there you have the correct broadband connection but I'm sure you have to have the full house package (was xl before) cos it is telling me I can have the v6 box and I have vivid 100 and the full house package hope this helps 😀
0 Kudos

All Replies
Bigsnake123
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I posted a similar comment just now. I even had the email saying the upgrade is waiting for me in my "offers and upgrades" section, but I can't find it anywhere.....
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ring Virgin..

0 Kudos
livingdeadbride
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there you have the correct broadband connection but I'm sure you have to have the full house package (was xl before) cos it is telling me I can have the v6 box and I have vivid 100 and the full house package hope this helps 😀
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi savik2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not been able to upgrade to the V6 box online. 

In order to have the V6 without upgrading you need to be on our Mix package or above. Check your bill to see what you're on. 

The best thing would be to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They will be able to give you the correct costings for upgrading Smiley Happy

Let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
savik2
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Now this is why I find dealing with VirginMedia so frustrating: at last we get a response from a VM advisor, and the only thing it tells us is that the advisors can't be bothered to answer the question.  I KNOW what services I'm subscribed to, I stated them clearly in my first posting.  I also KNOW that the V6 upgrade needs the Mix package.  The problem here is that, being a customer of many years and therefore not on any particular package/bundle (or whatever they're calling it this month), I have no way of working out how the subscriptions combo I'm currently on compares with what they're now calling "MIX".  I'm also receiving emails and snail-mails telling me to check My Upgrades & Offers for details of the V6 Upgrade, but when I visit that page, it just isn't there!  And yes, I KNOW that I can always ring 150 and spend an hour or so discussing options, but I don't like signing up to things that way - I like to be able to read up on what I'll be getting for the money, how it affects my contract, etc., and to be able to compare it with other services out there.   This happens every time VM launches something new - existing customers are marginalised, and have to haggle to get anywhere.  And that is precisely why I am not on any standard bundle/package - it's become more like a jumble over the years. 

0 Kudos