Menu
paulborrett
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Only 1 box?

Just ordered my upgrade but was told I was only able to upgrade one of my two Tivo boxes due to them currently being in short supply...has anyone else received this advice?

Had actually asked for an additional box - not sure what the practical limit is on how many V6 boxes on a single network - does anyone know?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Only 1 box?

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts. You can have up to two V6 boxes, apologies if you have been advised differently.

@paulborrett, if you would like to add a second box on, please give us a call again and we can add this on for you. I have added a note onto your account stating this.

Please let me know if you have further problems.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paul, 

We have had some reports that the confirmation emails are delayed. It's likely the email refers to the first order you placed for 1 V6 box. 

Checking the account I can see you are due to have 2 V6 boxes installed Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I believe you can order up to 3 I myself have ordered 2 today
0 Kudos
Click4
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Think Virgin Media only wanted people to originally have 1 box per house due to availability of bookings and possibly hardware as its a new device.... as that's what I was told the other day that only 1 box could be ordered.

Then this morning when I phoned up for mine first thing, the system was only allowing them to order 1 box as the codes weren't on the system for more than 1... a few internal enquiries and calls later and they managed to order me multiple boxes.

But its possible that later on in the day in light of popularity and people reporting installation dates in march? that they have again restricted it or put word out to their staff that only 1 box can be provided per household for time being.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts. You can have up to two V6 boxes, apologies if you have been advised differently.

@paulborrett, if you would like to add a second box on, please give us a call again and we can add this on for you. I have added a note onto your account stating this.

Please let me know if you have further problems.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Maggielee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi
New to forum and 1st question!
I have the VIP package and 200 vivid. I ordered one V6 box at £49.95 plus activation fee. I was quoted this morning 99.95 plus £5 extra a month for a second box to replace my VHD box. Is this correct? I was under the impression I could order 2 boxes at £49.95 each? I should mention I didn't have to re-contract for the first box.
Cheers!
M
0 Kudos
paulborrett
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri, appreciate that.  I'll give the team a call shortly and get that added to the order.

Do you know if it will be possible in the future to add additional boxes beyond 2?  Is this more about managing demand and availability at this point?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maggielee, 

Welcome to the forum it's really great having you here Smiley Happy 

Any second V6 box can be added for £49.95. If you're upgrading a V HD box then there would indeed be an extra £5 per month to pay. 

@paulborrett - Thanks for coming back to us. Currently I believe there is a limit of 3 per customer. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

paulborrett
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath.  I spoke with the team via webchat earlier and thought i'd got a 2nd box added to my order, however the confirmation email that's come through isn't particularly clear.  Are you able to view the account and confirm that the install is for 2 x V6 boxes?  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paul, 

We have had some reports that the confirmation emails are delayed. It's likely the email refers to the first order you placed for 1 V6 box. 

Checking the account I can see you are due to have 2 V6 boxes installed Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Kath can you check im due to have 2x v6 installed I think my order is now correct . But when I first ordered despite me saying I wanted 2 and the advisor saying there was 2 I only had 1. Woukd you please check my account and make sure there's 2 please . Thanks
0 Kudos