Menu
Aspidesdra
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On demand not working

I've just this week signed up to virgin from sky. My on demand keeps telling me the service is temporarily unavailable despite taking out the VIP package and my series link isn't working correctly. Seems lots of people having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution ?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On demand not working

Hi Aspidesdra

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to hear about the the problems you're experiencing with your On Demand service lately.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Aspidesdra wrote:
I've just this week signed up to virgin from sky. My on demand keeps telling me the service is temporarily unavailable despite taking out the VIP package and my series link isn't working correctly. Seems lots of people having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution ?

Are other network services working - Netflix, iPlayer etc.?

0 Kudos
Aspidesdra
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They seem to be yes, although I've just done a speed check and I'm getting 8.0 Mbps instead of the 200 that I'm paying for. Not been with a week yet and already regretting it. Just spent over an hour on the phone, been put through to 3 different people, none of which trained on the V6. They've just put me on hold again with a wait of 30 mins again. I've put the phone down. Not happy
0 Kudos
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, I thought it might have been related to the DNS issue that sopped Netflix working, but poor speed would have an effect.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Aspidesdra

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to hear about the the problems you're experiencing with your On Demand service lately.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide