Menu
panegyric
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On demand and catch up

Hi all

I had a new install yesterday of Virgin broadband and tv and a v6 box. The engineer tested everything and it all came back as it should.

The interface is now giving an error message that a network cable is unplugged (N27) and on demand and catch up are both off. There were no physical changes to the system from when the engineer was here to the error message appearing. In any event, I have checked and unplugged the network cable, to no avail.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
panegyric
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand and catch up

Hi all

This issue is still live.

I have called Virgin Media on about five occasions. I have been lied to by staff. I have had the phone put down on me. I have been passed "from pillar to post". I finally got through to someone and it was agreed that an engineer would come out to look at it - the engineer did not show up!

I don't know what to do now. Phoning Virgin Media is clearly not the answer. Does anyone have an email address perhaps?

Cheers
0 Kudos
panegyric
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys

I'm not sure that anyone is interested in any of this. I have now spoken to someone from Virgin Media though.

He told me to buy a new Ethernet cable to connect to the box and see if that fixes the connection problem.

I asked about sorting out the V6 box to TiVo box streaming that I had seen advertised. He denied that this was possible and stated that he was unaware that it had ever been advertised.

Where do I go from here?
0 Kudos
panegyric
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bump
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi panegyric,

Really sorry to hear about the bother experienced with your service.

There does appear to be an SNR issue raised in the area concerning an intermittent connection with On Demand/Interactive services under the reference F005056565, with a review set for 14/03/2017.

It is indeed possible to stream between both set top boxes. More information concerning this has been discussed by the Community under the thread Connect V6 Box to TiVo® Box via Powerlines for Streaming.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos