Menu
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

On VIP package - wish to upgrade to V6 boxes

Hello,

I'm on the VIP package and would like to upgrade both our boxes to the new V6 boxes.  I've read that it's £49 one off payment to upgrade. Will that be £49 for each box or will I have to pay the full £99 for one of them?

I've tried to order these online under 'offers and upgrades' but all I get is the option to order one box at £64.84 with a monthly subscription increase of £24.25? How can I order these at the one off price of £49? Any help appreciated as this is really confusing and I don't know who to email or call.

Thanks,

Pamela

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On VIP package - wish to upgrade to V6 boxes

Call in, the price will be £49.99 for the 1st box, the 2nd box is free on VIP then there's a £14.95 activation fee, there is no install charge and only 1 activation fee and no monthly increase

Do not accept any other price other than the one I have quoted, they are for whatever reason making a lot of errors on this offer

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Call in, the price will be £49.99 for the 1st box, the 2nd box is free on VIP then there's a £14.95 activation fee, there is no install charge and only 1 activation fee and no monthly increase

Do not accept any other price other than the one I have quoted, they are for whatever reason making a lot of errors on this offer

0 Kudos
MacmillaN
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I am currently looking to switch my own services over to the New VIP Package (Which includes 2 V6 Boxes.)

I currently have VIVID 200 (Non-Gamer) - Full House - Sky Sports/Movies (Non HD) - 1 TIVO Box - 1 V+

I am at the moment paying a little bit more than the current monthly price for the Package of the VIP Package.(Excluding the 12month Price)

Also.Would VM want to swap my current modem be swapped for a hub 3.0- Currently a 2ac?

I think that is is simply due to my package is built up of different add-ons over the years and simply not as one bundle.

Would i be able to-do this via My Virgin Media or would i be best to phone?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

MacmillaN wrote:

I am currently looking to switch my own services over to the New VIP Package (Which includes 2 V6 Boxes.)

I currently have VIVID 200 (Non-Gamer) - Full House - Sky Sports/Movies (Non HD) - 1 TIVO Box - 1 V+

I am at the moment paying a little bit more than the current monthly price for the Package of the VIP Package.(Excluding the 12month Price)

Also.Would VM want to swap my current modem be swapped for a hub 3.0- Currently a 2ac?

I think that is is simply due to my package is built up of different add-ons over the years and simply not as one bundle.

Would i be able to-do this via My Virgin Media or would i be best to phone?

Thanks for your time.

I would phone up retentions and see what offer they can make for you, I would guess that they'd want to give you a Hub 3

0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that info. I'm about 6 months into an 18 month contract so can't really play the threaten to leave card. Who should I call? Should I just dial 150 or is there a better number to get through to someone who shoud be able to sort this out? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Call 150 and choose thinking of leaving. You'll generally be more sens there. BUT big but. You may loose any discounts you had on your 18 month contract. Just so you know. 

0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Have solved this today (I hope!)  Phoned retentions who said they couldn't do it because I was already on the VIP package. They transferred me to customer services but cut me off before I got put through.  Second attempt, phoned customer services and got through to a chap (i presume in India) who at least said he was able to do it.  He tried to charge me £49 for each box but when I said that was incorrect he went and checked and came back and said I was correct and it was £49 for both plus the install charge.  He said my monthly price would remain the same and the install is booked for the 3rd of Feb.  Here's hoping he's got all that right.  Should I receive some sort of email confirmation or is it just a case of waiting?  All he said was that the £65 will be added to my next bill.  Thanks for all the good advice.

0 Kudos
Liz_H
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Just tried to get this offer using online chat and they are still not offering second box for free. can't ring retentions yet as closed for xmas.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Liz_H wrote:

Just tried to get this offer using online chat and they are still not offering second box for free. can't ring retentions yet as closed for xmas.

Sometimes I wonder how the system allows them to input an incorrect price

0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I think this is a standard pricing structure open to everyone, not just something you get if you threaten to leave. It's just a case of getting hold of someone on the phone clued up enough to give you the correct prices. Best not to bother with online chat/offers as they seem completely random.
0 Kudos