Menu
Highlighted
Ken2017
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Old Tivo and new v6 - connecting the two

Hi all.

I've recently received and installed my new v6. When I was "undergoing the sales process", I was told I could "copy"/move my old recordings and season passes to the new v6 from my old Tivo.

However the installers said that wasn't possible. They said at the very least I would need an additional connection to my broadband just to watch the old Tivo. I asked them to leave the old box which they did. I'm reaching the point where I should either try to connect the two devices or box and return the old Tivo for "scrap" but I'd like to find out if I can watch my old recordings and more importantly copy over my old seasons passes to my v6?

If I can what's the quickest and easiest way of doing it.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old Tivo and new v6 - connecting the two

You can copy your series links and wishlists from one box to another at - http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/

You can't copy recordings, but it you connect your old TiVo to your router you can watch the old recordings on your new box.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You say that you were left the old TiVo.

Unless you have arranged to keep the box beforehand and pay the extra monthly charge to use, it simply won't work as it will have been removed from your account.

You will still be able to copy over your series links for a limited time, 14 days I think.

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can copy your series links and wishlists from one box to another at - http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/

You can't copy recordings, but it you connect your old TiVo to your router you can watch the old recordings on your new box.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You say that you were left the old TiVo.

Unless you have arranged to keep the box beforehand and pay the extra monthly charge to use, it simply won't work as it will have been removed from your account.

You will still be able to copy over your series links for a limited time, 14 days I think.

Ken2017
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ! this looks like a good place to start. Now I just need it to see my old Tivo
0 Kudos
Ken2017
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's annoying since it's been more than 14 days. Very frustrating that the installers had no idea about the site and service that ozsat recommended!
0 Kudos