Menu
Rimmer100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No resume option for On Demand videos

I got my V6 installed yesterday and so far I am really pleased. It is so superior to the TiVo box it replaced, 8 seconds for iPlayer to load rather that 58 and no jarring black screen when switching from the menu to TV.

One thing I have noticed this evening is that the option to resume an On Demand video seems to have disappeared. Is this not available on the V6 as it was on the TiVo?

I'm also experiencing the duplicate apps issue but apparently that sorts itself out in a couple of days. Is that the same for resume?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No resume option for On Demand videos

Hello Rimmer100,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

You should be able to pause, rewind and fast forward on your On Demand programs so was this happening on any particular program?

Please let me know if this issue hasn't been resolved.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rimmer100
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

Thanks for responding.  I can indeed use the fast forward, rewind, pause etc, but my original post was about the resume option.

So when you stop watching something and you come back to it, there is an option to resume where you left off.  This is still there on shows that I have recorded to the V6 box but doesn't appear as an option with the On Demand shows.

Having to remember where I had got to when watching something is a bit tedious, especially as you don't have the ability to jump to a time (something that the old V+ box did have).

As far as I am aware resume on the On Demand programmes was available on the previous TiVo box.  It used to go wrong sometimes and you'd have to resort to starting from the beginning, but usually it worked.

Regards

Ian

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pretty sure you should still be able to go to 'Continue Watching' in the Catch Up and On Demand menus on the V6 box and pick up where you left off.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Rimmer100
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.  I didn't used to have to do it that way previously on TiVo (an option came up when I went to play the programme again), but if that's where it lives now, that's great.  I'll check out your suggestion later.

0 Kudos
Rimmer100
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I checked this out tonight and not all of the on demand things that I've watched appear in the "Continue Watching" part of the On Demand section. Of those that do, none of them resume to the last point I was watching them at.
0 Kudos