Menu
annieplus4
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No picture or sound on TV start up

My V6 box is a new addition,just a few weeks old. Initially there were no problems however over the last few days each time I turn on my TV there is no picture or sound unless I switch the V6 box into standby and then back on again. 

The V6 box is set to be constantly on and not to hibernate/use power savers etc, I've changed the HDMI port, used a different HDMI cable, yet still the issue persists

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No picture or sound on TV start up

Hi annieplus4,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear that the picture and sound isn't working when you turn everything on.  I have carried out a few checks with the box remotely and no error has been detected.  Is the issue still happening today?  If so let me know and I can look into this further.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
annieplus4
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For the first time today the problem has resolved itself, maybe you checking the signal has given it the boost it needed. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi annieplus4,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm pleased to hear things have now settled for you with the TV service.  I hope it remains that way.  If you do need any further assistance please don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pmfortune
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly same problem.

It is only the channel video feed though - the V6 box menus show up fine. It also resolves every time by putting into standby and coming out again - so the box is clearly sending video to the TV - it must be an internal software problem.

Both the help line and the 'technician' that came out gave me a whole load of chat about the quality of the signal and problems with the HDMI lead. Given the menus connect fine and a soft standby/back-on clears the issue, it clearly has  nothing to do with the cables or the signal (which the 'technician' tested and confirmed was very good).

I really hate being spun a line, there are reports of this problem all over the internet - wake up Virgin: your boxes do this with Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and LG TV's, all of which have no problems with any other sources - There is some sort of software/firmware problem: admit this and sort it out....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pmfortune,

Thanks for posting on the community.

How is your V6 set up, do you also have it set to constantly on and is there a reason why you're using this option?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pmfortune
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've tried permanently on and I've tried the other power settings - same problem.

I would prefer the permanently on setting to work properly so that when I select the Virgin V6 Box input on my smart TV I do not then have to wait for the box to wake up.

0 Kudos