Menu
Mrfun
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No one ever calls back....

So through retentions got a V6 box, in additional to My existing Tivo

I stipulated that I did not want any charges and it was agreed, activation fees for the V6 would be waved..

I thought great, a installation date was set and it was all groovy.. loving the V6..

Low and behold my next bill comes and there are two activation charges for the V6..

a 49.99 which was waved through a £50 credit

then another for £14.99.   Why on earth can a company charge two separate activation fees for the same thing.

Now 14.99 is not a lot of money, but after being told that activation fees were waved I can not see why I was then charged the extra 14.99..  If they had told me there would be a £14.99 activation I would have been fine with that.. but it just seems like  a complete con.

I phone up Customer Support, Veronica explained that she could not remove the charge, and after I complained (COM101329718) said that her manager Michelle would call me back..  After I stated that no manager has ever called me back she had a chat with the manager and gaurenteed that her manager would call me back between 1 and 2 hours time..

Shock horror 9:30 call..  3pm still no call back....

I call customer services again..  Mark this time tells me that he can see the complaint, and will talk to his manager as Michelle is in another building, he says that a call back is normally with 24hours, and a support rep should not promise anything else...  Mark says his manager (Catherine) will call me back as she is about to head into a meeting...  I seem to get that excuse a lot.. 

I guess I'll wait and see..

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No one ever calls back....

... and then everything falls into the great VM abyss.    Welcome to the dysfunctional company Virgin Mayhem.    Smiley Frustrated

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Mrfun
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

...  still waiting Smiley Very Happy

21-feb-2017

Mrfun wrote:

So through retentions got a V6 box, in additional to My existing Tivo

I stipulated that I did not want any charges and it was agreed, activation fees for the V6 would be waved..

I thought great, a installation date was set and it was all groovy.. loving the V6..

Low and behold my next bill comes and there are two activation charges for the V6..

a 49.99 which was waved through a £50 credit

then another for £14.99.   Why on earth can a company charge two separate activation fees for the same thing.

Now 14.99 is not a lot of money, but after being told that activation fees were waved I can not see why I was then charged the extra 14.99..  If they had told me there would be a £14.99 activation I would have been fine with that.. but it just seems like  a complete con.

I phone up Customer Support, Veronica explained that she could not remove the charge, and after I complained (COM101329718) said that her manager Michelle would call me back..  After I stated that no manager has ever called me back she had a chat with the manager and gaurenteed that her manager would call me back between 1 and 2 hours time..

Shock horror 9:30 call..  3pm still no call back....

I call customer services again..  Mark this time tells me that he can see the complaint, and will talk to his manager as Michelle is in another building, he says that a call back is normally with 24hours, and a support rep should not promise anything else...  Mark says his manager (Catherine) will call me back as she is about to head into a meeting...  I seem to get that excuse a lot.. 

I guess I'll wait and see..

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It isn't 2 activation fees.. the £49.99 is the charge for the box and the £14.99 is the activation fee. Even paying the £14.99 you got a good deal.

0 Kudos
Mrfun
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Corinneangela,

totally agree, 14.99 for the V6 is a steal.. but when you're told you're told you are not paying for anything (that is what I stipulated) then are charged anyway.. that's not right...

F

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

True..
0 Kudos
Mrfun
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

whooo hooo.. Michelle called back..  my faith in humanity.. well at least Virgin Customer Support is restored.....

14.99 waived..

here endeth the ....

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mrfun wrote:

whooo hooo.. Michelle called back..  my faith in humanity.. well at least Virgin Customer Support is restored.....

14.99 waived..

here endeth the ....

But you still have to pay my £14.99 fee for answering your post.      Smiley LOL

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron