Menu
garybedwe
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

No HD on sky cinema on demand

I have just crossed from sky to virgin with the v6 box I was told this box is all singing and dancing but was never told that the sky cinema on demand only appears to be in SD iam not happy with this situation as I was informed by the sales team at virgin that the movie on demand service was exactly the same as sky which it is not ,I purchased at the same time a 4k TV expecting to be able to access HD on the movie on demand service

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: No HD on sky cinema on demand

Glad you've raised this topic, I was considering getting Virgin's TV services with Sky Cinema HD, I'll be coming in from Now TV which currently streams movies live and on demands at 1080p for me.

Don't think I'm going to bother with Virgin's TV... coming across way to many negative comments regarding features that are important to me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi garybedwe, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues viewing HD content for On Demand Movies. This is a known issue that we're working on. 

Currently the only work around is to watch the SD versions instead. You may also be able to check the listings to see if the HD version is due to be broadcast. 

Apologies and once we have more news, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

An issue you have been working on for over a year...

...and still is not fixed.

At least you haven't increased prices more than once in that time...

...Oh wait!

For shame!
japitts
Well-informed
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, and team.

Only a small point really, but if this is a known issue - why isn't it on the status page?

There's a cynical answer that VM want to deal with these reactively, but it's not really a "customer service" answer when it results in repeat calls to CS with the answer depending almost entirely on who you speak to.

0 Kudos
Stellavision
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Is this issue the same for all Virgin subscribers? I am due to move across from Sky to VM in the next couple of weeks and if there is currently no HD available for on-demand movies I would seriously consider cancelling my order and staying with Sky!

0 Kudos
vipermo
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

+1 this Also it should absolutely be on the status page.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Just checked on my TiVo box and the first 20 Sky Cinema films I called up were all available in HD. So the issue doesn't appear to affect all subscribers.
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Out of how many on the SkyMovies Ondemand app? I bet it's not many, otherwise Virgin would be crowing about it.
0 Kudos
garybedwe
Joining in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

My issue is that I was told that sky cinema on demand was the same as sky's which it plainly is not The only on demand movies are very few in HD the response I got from CS when I spoke to them was that I had got a good deal and if I wanted HD movies to record them from the HD movie channels and she was quite dismissive of what I was saying ,why can nobody at Virgin explain why the the HD movies are very few or if the on demand service will ever contain HD movies in any volume
I am stuck with a 12 month contract which I feel was misold by Virgin sales
0 Kudos